VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I would have preferred him to be fired and then keep coming back and attacking Sheamus and the League and having the Authority be keystone cops trying to stop him till finally he got his match at the rumble and then won. I use to hate Reigns but now I am indifferent to him. I still think he is bad in the ring and on the mic but I do like that they made him a crazy non caring badass. That seems to suit him better. I have to say that I think the rumors made be true about turning the New Day face since they were clearly over and being somewhat nice and then they got jumped. The rumor was the Ascension were going to be their next opponents.

Yeah, Takeover: London delivered. The crowd was fucking nuts, I loved it. While Balor-Joe was as good as expected, I think Asuka-Emma might have stolen the show. And even though Bayley-Jax wasn't nearly as good as most of Bayley's matches since becoming champion, it was well-booked.

I am however, a bit surprised Corbin beat Crews and that Nia Jax tapped out.

What? I thoroughly enjoyed it

That's awesome that you enjoyed it. For me it was like watching an NXT match at the local armory where they put on matches. Nia Jax is just too green in my opinion. She is on the same level as Eva Marie. I thought Bayley did a great job for what she had to work with but Nia Jax needs more time before they put her on a Takeover event fighting for the belt.

the NXT women's division seems to be in a bit of a rebuilding phase.  After Bailey and Askua there isn't much that appears to be ready to compete at a high level. 

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the NXT crowd though.  Especially the full sails crowd.  Seems like people are chanting just to chant.  I know that Euro crowds are much different, but I'm just not a huge fan of chanting just b/c you can.  That may just be a me thing though.

Overall Takeover was a solid show.

As to the WWE.  Sunday/Monday was the first time I have any positive feelings towards Reigns since he was in the shield.  I still don't know if he really has the chops yet to be the next guy, but I finally feel like he belongs in the main event picture.  I wish they would stop giving him the mic though and thinking he could be The Rock or Cena, b/c he clearly can't. 

That said, I was really hoping he was going to come out on Monday and call out Ambrose and The Usos for not having his back when the League of Nations kept him from the title.  I didn't even need a full heel turn from him, but them making him a tweener that is a full loner would have been sweet.  Watching him going after the entire roster and spearing everyone b/c he is pissed would have been fantastic, but I'll settle for a Reigns that at least feels like he belongs.

the NXT women's division seems to be in a bit of a rebuilding phase.  After Bailey and Askua there isn't much that appears to be ready to compete at a high level. 

This is my thought exactly. It's rough but it happens. There's talent there. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay were pretty good on the Australian circuit, Nia Jax has the appeal, and there's plenty more with Sara Amato at the reigns.

I want them to finally give Billie Kay and especially Peyton Royce actual programs. I'd like to see them team up against Emma and Dana Brooke. And I don't see why they shouldn't continue the Bliss-Bayley feud if Nia Jax is going to feud with Asuka. Bliss has unexpectedly become a wonderfully effective heel and deserves a lengthy feud for the title.

Also, I liked how the announcer said "the following contest is a Women's Division match" instead of "Divas" at Takeover.

Ah, I completely forgot about Alexa Bliss. She's a great heel with tons of in-ring potential. I really enjoyed her feud with Bayley, but I just think that Nia Jax and Asuka came in with the hype and took it over. The women's division in NXT can only go up, which is exciting.

• 3 weeks later...