VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Fatal Four Way was match of the night, right? Biggest disappointment was Jericho vs. Ambrose. It felt like 30 minutes. 

It's nice to see Rollins back. But, I don't get why they're squashing AJ. For the past two PPVs, Roman goes over. And tonight, Reigns takes all those chair shots, and still, he goes over!

Hopefully Rollins will be a face now and Roman a heel. The question now is what do they do with AJ. Do they build on the ferocity? Maybe have him win Money in the Bank or does he fight Cena or falls to the mid card. Also despite the Miz that fatal four way was match of the night and was fantastic. I think it was the right decision to have him win and continue the chase. I am not surprised Roman took a beating and kept going. He is now Super Roman like Super Cena before him.

40 minutes ago, bluedeni said:

Hopefully Rollins will be a face now and Roman a heel. The question now is what do they do with AJ. Do they build on the ferocity? Maybe have him win Money in the Bank or does he fight Cena or falls to the mid card. Also despite the Miz that fatal four way was match of the night and was fantastic. I think it was the right decision to have him win and continue the chase. I am not surprised Roman took a beating and kept going. He is now Super Roman like Super Cena before him.

I'm sure Rollins will stay heel and he might sneak a few cheap wins in over Roman but he won't pin him clean anytime soon. And you are right Reigns is Super Cena but with no charisma. It's bad. AJ and the Club will probably fade to the midcard, what a waste. Hope those guys are getting paid a ton to go from being in the biggest stable in pro wrestling in years to this crap.

Great main event and fantastic Fatal-4-Way match. Also didn't expect thumbtacks and the use of a barbed wire bat in the (otherwise ridiculous) Asylum match which was probably the most "extreme" moment in nearly a decade.

And if you think Styles got "squashed", you have not been paying attention. Yeah, Reigns beat him twice but Styles was treated as a BIG DEAL throughout the feud. When the Club helped AJ out, the Usos did the same. Also, Reigns was fucking dead after the second Styles Clash and the mid-air Spear was his last gasp effort. He didn't just spear him for the win after eating three Forearms like he did at Payback and having Reigns drop the title already was never going to happen, so I was fine with the ending. He is the next Super Cena but claiming Styles or the match suffered from "making him look strong" is BS. I also highly doubt Styles and the Club will fade into midcard obscurity.

Anyway ... PRAISE KNEESUS!

14 hours ago, Breezus said:

Great main event and fantastic Fatal-4-Way match. Also didn't expect thumbtacks and the use of a barbed wire bat in the (otherwise ridiculous) Asylum match which was probably the most "extreme" moment in nearly a decade.

And if you think Styles got "squashed", you have not been paying attention. Yeah, Reigns beat him twice but Styles was treated as a BIG DEAL throughout the feud. When the Club helped AJ out, the Usos did the same. Also, Reigns was fucking dead after the second Styles Clash and the mid-air Spear was his last gasp effort. He didn't just spear him for the win after eating three Forearms like he did at Payback and having Reigns drop the title already was never going to happen, so I was fine with the ending. He is the next Super Cena but claiming Styles or the match suffered from "making him look strong" is BS. I also highly doubt Styles and the Club will fade into midcard obscurity.

Anyway ... PRAISE KNEESUS!

Since I said squash and you used that word, I'll bite and disagree. He took all those chair shots and still kicked out. KICKED OUT. How and when do recall seeing someone get murdered with a chair and kick out? Fine, they kick out of each others finishers (happens all the time) but eventually chair shot after chair shot is going to destroy. It did not. And it was the spear that beat AJ? Fine. Reigns is going to continuously go over, but the spear, not even the Superman punch, is what's going to win it for him? How is that not continuously trying to make him look strong? It's been WWE's motive since The Shield. It's not just the funny joke from the podcast, it's their only reliance for using him the way they do. He's not charismatic, he's not technically sound. Yes, he has improved, but it's not like he's that great of a worker. I'm sure AJ's ability to have good matches with almost anyone helped Roman shine these past few PPV's.

I don't care for Roman, but it's not even that funny to hate him like it was Cena. Cena is for kids and it's funny to chant "John Cena Sucks" to the tune of his entrance music. But Reign's is not setting attendance records and he's not setting merch records. So for the life of me, as someone who's been watching wrestling off and on for 30 years, it does not make a lot of sense.

6 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Since I said squash and you used that word, I'll bite and disagree. He took all those chair shots and still kicked out. KICKED OUT. How and when do recall seeing someone get murdered with a chair and kick out? Fine, they kick out of each others finishers (happens all the time) but eventually chair shot after chair shot is going to destroy. It did not. And it was the spear that beat AJ? Fine. Reigns is going to continuously go over, but the spear, not even the Superman punch, is what's going to win it for him? How is that not continuously trying to make him look strong? It's been WWE's motive since The Shield. It's not just the funny joke from the podcast, it's their only reliance for using him the way they do. He's not charismatic, he's not technically sound. Yes, he has improved, but it's not like he's that great of a worker. I'm sure AJ's ability to have good matches with almost anyone helped Roman shine these past few PPV's.

I don't care for Roman, but it's not even that funny to hate him like it was Cena. Cena is for kids and it's funny to chant "John Cena Sucks" to the tune of his entrance music. But Reign's is not setting attendance records and he's not setting merch records. So for the life of me, as someone who's been watching wrestling off and on for 30 years, it does not make a lot of sense.

I do agree that he should've been done after the Styles Clash on the chair but that piece of shit Uso got involved and gave Reigns just enough time to kick out, so I gave it a pass. And the Spear is his primary finisher and he admittedly had to do it twice (and the mid-air version is generally considered more devastating), so that was fine with me too (also, let's not forget he sent him through the announce table twice). Styles was never sacrificed to make Reigns look strong. There was no better ending really, at least not with Reigns coming out on top. Then again, I never even expected them to give Styles a title push, let alone portray him as the most dangerous threat to their chosen one, so I never thought an upset would happen and I wasn't disappointed.

And yeah, Reigns isn't nearly as special as they make him out to be and he's most certainly not "the guy". And while they book him better than they did just a few months ago, he still should be a heel cause no one likes him (Rollins did a good job turning the crowd against him but that's not going to stop the boos for Reigns; nothing will). However, he's been in quite a few really good matches (doesn't matter if he was carried) and Styles' credibility wasn't harmed here, so I'm not gonna take every chance I get to shit on him. He's not the best choice (and with this dream roster, he never will be) but I can personally live with him as the champ, at least for the moment.

Edited by Breezus

5 hours ago, Breezus said:

I do agree that he should've been done after the Styles Clash on the chair but that piece of shit Uso got involved and gave Reigns just enough time to kick out, so I gave it a pass. And the Spear is his primary finisher and he admittedly had to do it twice (and the mid-air version is generally considered more devastating), so that was fine with me too (also, let's not forget he sent him through the announce table twice). Styles was never sacrificed to make Reigns look strong. There was no better ending really, at least not with Reigns coming out on top. Then again, I never even expected them to give Styles a title push, let alone portray him as the most dangerous threat to their chosen one, so I never thought an upset would happen and I wasn't disappointed.

And yeah, Reigns isn't nearly as special as they make him out to be and he's most certainly not "the guy". And while they book him better than they did just a few months ago, he still should be a heel cause no one likes him (Rollins did a good job turning the crowd against him but that's not going to stop the boos for Reigns; nothing will). However, he's been in quite a few really good matches (doesn't matter if he was carried) and Styles' credibility wasn't harmed here, so I'm not gonna take every chance I get to shit on him. He's not the best choice (and with this dream roster, he never will be) but I can personally live with him as the champ, at least for the moment.

Fair thoughts. I don't think AJ should be in the title picture now because he's only been in the company for 5 months. But he deserves it eventually. He's a world-class wrestler. Enough loses and I think it will hurt his credibility to this new fresh audience that might not be too familiar with his work.

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Cena vs. Reigns feud: who do you root for? That's the real question.

I'd probably root for Reigns just because Cena has held the belt SO many times and Reigns is younger talent, but at the same time, I kinda like Cena better at this point.

That will probably happen and it will be funny to see the crowd's reaction.

I have a feeling they're gonna choose Cena. At least I would. He's the lesser evil at this point and I have a feeling the US Open Challenge and the memes made him more likeable. But yeah, it'd be so hilarious if both get booed.

On a sidenote, both Adam Rose and Brandi Rhodes/Eden Stiles left recently, which isn't surprising given the circumstances. I'm gonna miss hearing "KEVIN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWENS" though.

Oh my god, I've been wanting this forever. The draft was my favorite part of the year and the separate brands gave more talent time to shine. Even without NXT, the roster is stacked. This also means less monotony regarding matches and feuds - Owens-Styles or Sasha-Becky should be big deals. And live SmackDown! is the cherry on top.

The questions remain though:

Will they do a draft and when? The draft takes place just before the debut of Tuesday night Smackdown.

Will they bring in more titles? I mean, we have two male mid card titles, but the Women's division is SO stacked now, arguably the best ever. It might be time for two Women's titles?

Do they split PPVs?

This is all kind of exciting.

Edited by TheWindBlower

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

The questions remain though:

Will they do a draft and when? The draft takes place just before the debut of Tuesday night Smackdown.

Will they bring in more titles? I mean, we have two male mid card titles, but the Women's division is SO stacked now, arguably the best ever. It might be time for two Women's titles?

Do they split PPVs?

This is all kind of exciting.

I don't think there should be two Women's titles, just as there shouldn't be two WWEWHCs (wouldn't mind Women's tag titles though). Not holding my breath for brand-exclusive PPVs (then again, with the Network, it's totally possible) but I'd personally welcome the idea because it'd give the feuds more time to develop in-between PPVs.

I do wonder if they're gonna make RAW 2 hours again, so it becomes equal to SmackDown! Also, 5 hours of live content is pretty insane - 8+ hours during PPV weeks.

Edited by Breezus

The five hours of live content almost forces the need for extra PPV time, which would be A LOT of PPV time. That's a tough situation.

I dig the Women's Tag Title idea. I just think there needs to be something more for them with the two brands, and most likely, more time to shine. As for the two WWEWHC titles, I don't like that idea either. I definitely think there should just be one main champion for the WWE, merging the titles was a great move.

Do you think this means that wrestlers will have more time at home? Wed-Fri or maybe Saturday, but probably not.

I don't get why they don't have an off-season now. Or a couple weeks off during the summer. Or atleast do less house shows. I know it doesn't make them as much revenue but there is no more war. They're the only game in town. They could work less.

I think they'll get a bit more rest. Right now, a lot of talent competes on both RAW and SD! and with the brand split, they'll just work one of them. I doubt they'll be forced to do other live events on one of those nights. I don't think it's a coincidence they decided to do this after a shitload of talent got injured.

Anyway, I can't wait for SmackDown! to matter again. I expect lots of NXT guys to debut there. Imagine Shinsuke Nakamura showing up with Mauro Ranallo on commentary?

Edited by Breezus