VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Wasn't Barrett rumored to win MitB last year before being injured? Maybe this is his year. i can't really see any of those guys as WHC at this point. Ambrose would be closest, but i feel it'd be too much, too fast for him at this point. US title and 6 man tags are good for him right now. i'd like to see Cesaro win, but it'd be a stretch to go from wrestling sporadically on Superstars to being WHC. Of course, it worked for D Bry, so i guess it'd be fine. i'd also be fine with Sandow or Rhodes, but as Crime said, after a month of Sheamus owning both of them, it'd be a stretch to see them as WHC. i feel like they could have spread some of the talent from the Raw MITB (Christian, RVD, and Sheamus) into this match to make the two more even, but i guess even WWE is giving up on the illusion that the two brands are equal.

Barrett was rumored to win, although it seems as though he's lost a lot of momentum as of late.  He loses a lot of matches, but then again so did Ziggler heading into MiTB last year.  It seems as though they really like to play up the "underdog" angle the past couple of years for the WHC MiTB (Bryan and Ziggler the past two years).

I also agree 100% with the post about Cody.  He's being wasted.  He has huge potential to be a big heel but he's jobbing to Shaemus as a gimmick instead (kind of lame).

Will Swagger actually get a suspension?  I know he was arrested for his DUI the other day but he isn't facing any jail time.

Rhodes had one of the best heel gimmicks of all time: The twisted masked character he played around WM 27. I'd love to see him channel some of that intensity again.

Agreed. i loved the mask, the music, handing out bags to the audience, and, get this, actually letting him have a character and cut a promo. They could do so much more with Rhodes Scholars, but right now his whole gimmick is that he has a mustache and loses a lot. They could even do a web series like Miz and Morrison used to do where they could talk about being sophisticated and dignified, great men of the past, why they are better than certain superstars, etc. to really get them over as heels and define who they are and what they are about.Instead it's half-baked (remember when they "broke up?") and goes nowhere except the losing end of a Brogue Kick.

lol I used to love every week when he tried to hand Booker a bag/mask.  Didn't that end up being a feud and a PPV match?  Maybe at TLC a couple years ago.

Yup, Booker and Cody fought several times in 2011.

Why is anyone surprised? The WWE loves burying cool characters. I love seeing The Great Khali, Sweet T and Brotus Clay, any Diva and John Cena every Monday night. Who needs Cesaro, Ziggler and Rhodes?

Kahli hasn't been on TV much as of late.  Neither have T and Clay.  You have to remember their target audience is children, so no matter how much you bitch WWE will always have those comedic gimmick characters.

Kahli hasn't been on TV much as of late.  Neither have T and Clay.  You have to remember their target audience is children, so no matter how much you bitch WWE will always have those comedic gimmick characters.

Theres no reason to have them on Raw after 9 like they always do. Children arent really up that late. 

Children watch the replay of Raw the next day.

No matter what you tell yourself the WWE's prime audience is kids.  They're the ones who bring in the big bucks (mom and dad are paying for everything).  Until the IWC wakes up and stops streaming and downloading all the PPVs and buying knock-off or unofficial shirts instead of official ones and all that you're going to have guys like Kahli.