VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

How crazy would it be if Punk returned to the indies.  That would be fucking insane.

It does seem strange if you tie this into Mick Foley's "reaction" to Batista winning the Rumble.

I think it's legit because of how he was treated/used in the WWE before.  If it was a work they would make a much bigger deal out of it.

I think it's legit because of how he was treated/used in the WWE before.  If it was a work they would make a much bigger deal out of it.

That's what i keep coming back to. No worked shoot promo? No injury write-off? They just don't book him on TV at all this week after a pretty epic Rumble performance. Stupid.

Who would have thought that putting Swagger and Cesaro with an old xenophobe would get them over? Just proves that a simple catchphrase does wonders. "Yes!" "We the People" "If ya smell..." etc. And using the Big Swing doesn't hurt, either.

How crazy would it be if Punk returned to the indies.  That would be fucking insane.

I had this conversation with my friend. He's gotta wait 6 months since he was in contract and walked out. But if he were to return to lets say ROH......Id lose my fucking mind. I already see Steen vs Punk happening as soon as he arrives. IF it happens of course.

Anyone else notice how cesaro used his actual offense for the first time in a decade on Monday? It was so damn nice to see the uppercut and neutralizer. The big swing is a fun gimmick, but when it happens in every match, it might as well be the 619*

I hate that this whole thing with punk isn't definitive. It seems real. But we've all been fooled before..

*hyperbole. Please don't kill me Claudio.

I must admit,    I panicked when Zeb slapped Swagger on Raw.    My first thought was that they were hinting at breaking up the Real Americans,  turning Swagger face (no!) and building a feud between the two...

But hey,  the WWE wouldn't do something stupid like that to one of their best tag teams.   Hell no.

I hate Jack Swagger, but him and Cesaro work so well together.  They've taken the Real Americans gimmick and fine tuned it so well.  They also work so well together in the ring.  It's just amazing.

I'm not even sure Punk could return to the indies.  I'm not sure a lot of indie promotions could handle the type of draw he would bring.  It would be amazing to see him back in ROH (especially since they're roster is pretty fucking weak right now).

I hate Jack Swagger, but him and Cesaro work so well together.  They've taken the Real Americans gimmick and fine tuned it so well.  They also work so well together in the ring.  It's just amazing.

I'm not even sure Punk could return to the indies.  I'm not sure a lot of indie promotions could handle the type of draw he would bring.  It would be amazing to see him back in ROH (especially since they're roster is pretty fucking weak right now).

ROH could absolutely handle it. They host every NY event in the same place One Night Stand was for two years. If WWE can do a huge PPV there, ROH could do it.

Not to mention, as much as I love Punk, his draw would exponentially decrease the longer he is out of the WWE. If he were to return to the indies, I think it would be huge for a minute and dwindle pretty quickly.

All sources seem to confirm he left for real but I'm pretty skeptical. He seemed like he may have been injured at the Rumble. He just laid under the turnbuckle for about 75% of the match.

Why would Punk return to the indies? He has stated numerous times over the years that he is close to retiring, everyone says that he has saved his money well, and he is tired of the road,wear and tear. Why go to the indies where you work twice as hard and get paid a lot less? My bet is he is just done, may do a few matches down the road if the partner is right but he wont be joining any indy for a full gig.

I read that besides being about creative differences it was also about ppv payoffs and the uncertainty of it now that the network is starting up. I know he doesn't need the money but I am sure he cares to a point. I don't see him going to the indies since I am sure he is tired and beat up. I am sure he will back at some point. Batista and Stone Cold left for similar reasons and they came back. 

Define "work twice as hard"

Watch any of Punk's ROH matches, or any ROH match really and you will see that every wrestler (besides Steen, cause Fuck Steen) can go a good 30 minutes no problem and they are filled with high spots left and right opposed to WWE's style of shorter matches, more holds, and only using 5 or 6 moves per match.

Not to mention, as much as I love Punk, his draw would exponentially decrease the longer he is out of the WWE. If he were to return to the indies, I think it would be huge for a minute and dwindle pretty quickly.

All sources seem to confirm he left for real but I'm pretty skeptical. He seemed like he may have been injured at the Rumble. He just laid under the turnbuckle for about 75% of the match.

He was the "ironman" of the match.  Go back and watch other Rumbles, the "ironman" each year spends a lot of time kinda just chillin' somewhere in the ring away from the action.  I couldn't imagine how physically demanding wrestling for 45+ minutes is.

ROH could absolutely handle it. They host every NY event in the same place One Night Stand was for two years. If WWE can do a huge PPV there, ROH could do it.

I know that, but the sheer volume of people wanting to go to those shows.  Have you ever tried to buy tickets for an ROH event online when they first go on sale?  Their servers crash for just a normal ippv event.  Add in a superstar like Punk coming back and I'm not sure their technical infrastructure could handle it.

All this reminds me if when stone cold abruptly quit a while back after being told to job to lesnar. Which makes kind of think its a work and they might try replicate that though that was real.

Which is why also I think it real. Punk just doesn't like where everything is going and he has showed he is frustrated with the company. Surely though if it's real and they convince him to come back they will turn it into a work

I know that, but the sheer volume of people wanting to go to those shows.  Have you ever tried to buy tickets for an ROH event online when they first go on sale?  Their servers crash for just a normal ippv event.  Add in a superstar like Punk coming back and I'm not sure their technical infrastructure could handle it.

Yeah I have, and honestly its never hard to get tickets. They'll sell out but never immediately. I think they would obviously take the steps necessary to ensure that the server wont crash if they were to book him. Theyd probably do it through ticketmaster since their tickets are printed on their tickets.

Why would Punk return to the indies? He has stated numerous times over the years that he is close to retiring, everyone says that he has saved his money well, and he is tired of the road,wear and tear. Why go to the indies where you work twice as hard and get paid a lot less? My bet is he is just done, may do a few matches down the road if the partner is right but he wont be joining any indy for a full gig.

Less money? No. Punk can return to ROH, command 10-15k for the appearance, and theyll make it back. Because he is one of the biggest stars in wrestling the last 10 years. He IS the indy guy that made it. People would pay to see him on the indies because they may have missed out on it and dont want to miss out again if he decides to go back to WWE. You book CM Punk if you're ROH and you immediately have to double the size of your venue and youll make your money back. Cheapest ROH tickets are 20. Punk coming back you can up those to 30 and people will still pay it. He can say hes out all he wants but everyone knows that the guys get that itch to be back in the ring when they are out of it for awhile. 

Im not saying its going to happen, Im just saying its absolutely possible. And very reasonable.