VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Evolve 65 in MA was incredible tonight. Ciampa, Scurll, Gargano, Sabre Jr, Cedric Alexander, Gulak, Hot Sauce, everyone was there. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams took a really nasty suicide dive bump and busted himself open. It was pretty frightening to watch. Matches were great across the board. I HIGHLY recommend checking it out.

First episode of the CWC was incredible. I definitely agree. Each match was exciting. Finn vs. Shinsuke on NXT was awesome too. It's been a great week of wrestling.

The rules are interesting for the Draft. Just because Raw has more picks, doesn't mean it'll be "superior." A lot of the top talent could be on SD. It's still exciting to see. Six NXT picks? Finn, Bayley, American Alpha, Shinsuke?, Bobby Roode or EY surprise? What are you guys thinking?

9 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Evolve 65 in MA was incredible tonight. Ciampa, Scurll, Gargano, Sabre Jr, Cedric Alexander, Gulak, Hot Sauce, everyone was there. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams took a really nasty suicide dive bump and busted himself open. It was pretty frightening to watch. Matches were great across the board. I HIGHLY recommend checking it out.

First episode of the CWC was incredible. I definitely agree. Each match was exciting. Finn vs. Shinsuke on NXT was awesome too. It's been a great week of wrestling.

The rules are interesting for the Draft. Just because Raw has more picks, doesn't mean it'll be "superior." A lot of the top talent could be on SD. It's still exciting to see. Six NXT picks? Finn, Bayley, American Alpha, Shinsuke?, Bobby Roode or EY surprise? What are you guys thinking?

Finn, Bayley, American Alpha and Shinsuke definitely had what felt like a curtain call moment at the NXT house show last night. I think Nak will hang around to feud with Joe and probably be NXT champ for a little before he goes up. Finn, Bayley and AA are all ready though. The women's division is really thin so maybe Alexa Bliss or Nia Jax as well. I could see Roode going since he's a fairly established name already, same for Austin Aries or Eric Young.

Yeah but I was hoping RAW would go back to 2 hours. But if they permanently dedicate RAW's second or third hour to the Women's/Tag Division (or Cruiserweight, even though I want that on SD!), it's cool. I think either way, SmackDown! will be the real winner here and I'm very glad my favorite brand could be must-see TV again.

Balor, Bayley and AA are a lock. Really hoping for Swagsuke but Joe is just as likely if he drops the title at Takeover Dallas II. Bliss would be great since Jax and Carmella are still too green for the main shows (didn't stop them from calling up Dana though, so eh). Last pick could be Mojo Rawley just so both of the Hype Bros are called up. Don't think it'd be wise to have Aries, Roode or EY debut already, they're gonna be important for NXT when Balor, Bayley and potentially Shinsuke/Joe are gone (same goes for Asuka and the Revival).

About the CWC, they signed Gran Metalik and Kota Ibushi to NXT. I'd be shocked if they don't end up signing TJP and ZSJ as well.

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

About the CWC, they signed Gran Metalik and Kota Ibushi to NXT. I'd be shocked if they don't end up signing TJP and ZSJ as well.

I missed that news. That's awesome to see. Ciampa finishes his indy dates in August or September for full time NXT. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Gargano, as well. TJP and ZSJ would be fantastic additions to NXT.

Raw is adding a cruiserweight division and has Mick Foley as the General Manager.

AND DANIEL BRYAN IS THE GM OF SMACKDOWN.

And it's really interesting that they wouldn't put D Bry on the show with the cruiserweight division, but I'll take what I can get.

Edited by TheWindBlower

Lol turns out I called it. RAW + Cruiserweight Division is an odd pairing but with it being 3 hours, it only makes sense. And with Foley as GM, I guess I won't quit RAW in favour of SmackDown! anytime soon.

So wonderful to have Bryan back on the main shows. Man, he truly has a unique connection with the fans.

3 hours ago, Family Friendly Rap God said:

I was so happy to see DBry back! I'm a little unsure what the main event ending will lead to but I'm super excited for Smackdown tonight 

They ran over onto the network (without actually announcing that before the show ended as far as I remember). You can check out their social media for an update or just wait for the inevitable smackdown recap tonight.

Alexa Bliss drafted. No Bayley yet. I'm hoping she debuts as Sasha's surprise partner on Sunday.

Carmella just drafted with the last pick. No Bayley, but assuming she's the partner Sunday, the NXT women's roster was raided. Who's left besides Asuka? Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Liv Morgan, I'm not sure who else. I mean, sure the drafted women will finish up some dates at NXT, but I'd assume they'll be up full time on the main roster shortly.

Edited by TheWindBlower

48 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Alexa Bliss drafted. No Bayley yet. I'm hoping she debuts as Sasha's surprise partner on Sunday.

Carmella just drafted with the last pick. No Bayley, but assuming she's the partner Sunday, the NXT women's roster was raided. Who's left besides Asuka? Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Liv Morgan, I'm not sure who else. I mean, sure the drafted women will finish up some dates at NXT, but I'd assume they'll be up full time on the main roster shortly.

Some of these girls are currently only wrestling house shows:

Aliyah

Asuka

Bayley (for now?)

Billie Kay

Binkie Blair

Daria

Ember Moon

Liv Morgan

Nikki Storm

Peyton Royce

Sara Lee

Plus they borrow the occasional talent from the indies (Blue Pants, Tessa Blanchard). All they need is for 2 or three of them to be ready to be on tv once every two or three weeks and their roster is replenished. Hell, if they can get 4-5 of them ready they will have more talent than Raw or Smackdown.

51 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Excellent, thank you for the list. To add one more, there's Mandy Rose too, from Tough Enough and currently on Total Divas. Hopefully, they have some women ready to go. WWE have to be confident in them if they brought so many up.

I just copied from Wikipedia (and just missed Mandy Rose, she was on there). I don't think losing Carmella, Alexa and Nia is nearly as detrimental as when Charlotte, Sasha and Becky all came up at once and the division has done alright since they left.

Bayley better debut sooner rather than later because calling up Carmella, Dana Brooke and Nia Jax before her is just ridiculous. I don't even care that NXT may be suffering, their roster is stacked and they can build up new talent easily (that goes for all divisions). It's about time for the likes of Billie Kay and Peyton Royce to shine and Asuka's there too. Disappointed that Nakamura, Joe and Dillinger weren't named but I kinda get it. I do hope Swagsuke debuts before the end of the year, there's not much for him to do in NXT except for a quick title run just for the hell of it. He's too big for the show, no matter how good it is.

Besides that, I'm happy with the draft results. Cena on SmackDown! is wonderful, Balor with the Club on RAW is great. No tag teams got broken up. Didn't expect Zayn and Owens on the same brand (as well as Cesaro and Banks on RAW and Kalisto on SD! where there's no Cruiserweight Division) but I ain't mad. SmackDown! may look inferior right now but hopefully the next big NXT call-ups and returning veterans will all end up there, simply because there's barely any space left on RAW (especially with the upcoming cruiserweights). Poor Heath Slater wasn't considered at all though lmao.

Also, just read that Cole, Graves & Saxton will call RAW and Ranallo, JBL & Otunga will call SmackDown! Uhh ... I'm happy for Graves but Ranallo deserves better partners, seriously. And Saxton and Otunga are just unnecessary.

Edited by Breezus

Another fantastic episode of the CWC. All four matches were excellent, with Kenneth Johnson being a biggest surprise competitor. His match with Tozawa was great. He looked pretty green, but damn, it was a good back and forth battle. The matches for next week look very promising as well. ZSJ, Gulak, Nese, and Kendrick all featured on next week's episode.

Yeah, I was especially surprised by Johnson and Ali (that Springboard Spanish Fly and that Reverse 450). Da Mack looked pretty good against TJP but he needs to spend more time in wXw before he gets signed. Tozawa's Snap German Suplex looked deadly though, damn. Also happy to see Tajiri back, his kicks are unique. Next week is gonna be crazy.

Ultima Lucha Dos as a whole wasn't as great as I wanted it to be but it was still pretty good. Rey vs. Prince was fantastic and the rightful main event. Very glad Mysterio is in the Temple where he has the chance to prove that he can still hang with the best. But holy shit, Pentagon. Holy shit.

Edited by Breezus

Turn on Battleground, folks. Bailey is making her debut!

EDIT: JBL: "My sources tell me that this is just a one-time opportunity..." Cole followed that up with referencing Bailey's interest in becoming a two-time women's champion in NXT. So, we'll see what becomes of this.

Edited by TheWindBlower

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Turn on Battleground, folks. Bailey is making her debut!

EDIT: JBL: "My sources tell me that this is just a one-time opportunity..." Cole followed that up with referencing Bailey's interest in becoming a two-time women's champion in NXT. So, we'll see what becomes of this.

Bayley was easily the biggest crowd favorite at the Louisville house show recently. She was in a 10 man tag with Finn, Nak, American Alpha, Joe, Roode, the Revival and Bliss and everyone was going nuts for her. When fucking Nak or Finn are in the ring and people are chanting "heeeey we want some Bayley" you know you are hot. I almost think tonight they acknowledged how ready she is for the big show but are afraid to let her leave NXT without a suitable draw to replace her.

7 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Bayley was easily the biggest crowd favorite at the Louisville house show recently. She was in a 10 man tag with Finn, Nak, American Alpha, Joe, Roode, the Revival and Bliss and everyone was going nuts for her. When fucking Nak or Finn are in the ring and people are chanting "heeeey we want some Bayley" you know you are hot. I almost think tonight they acknowledged how ready she is for the big show but are afraid to let her leave NXT without a suitable draw to replace her.

That's pretty wild. I knew she was big, but I never would've guessed cheering for her over Finn or Shinsuke. Very cool. She's definitely ready, but I think you're right about WWE being afraid to leave NXT's women's division without any big draw. She got a huge pop tonight, as well, which was very awesome and well deserved.

Edited by TheWindBlower

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I think she'll have that rematch against Asuka at Brooklyn II and then debut on SmackDown! If not, she'll be part of the next wave of NXT call-ups in autumn.

Battleground was such a satisfying PPV. Except for Becky's nonsensical loss to Natalya out of all people, I have no major complaints. The Women's Division opening a PPV for the first time in years was great, Zayn-Owens was a storytelling masterpiece and Ambrose pinning Reigns and taking the title to the blue brand elevates both him and the show. Super happy Ambrose finally gets the treatment he deserves and that Zayn got his revenge on KO (which was nearly two years in the making).

Edited by Breezus

Battleground was a great show, overall, for sure. Zayn vs. Owens stole the show, as expected. Ambrose pinning Reigns was extremely satisfying to watch. I agree that Becky losing to Natalya was lame. Natalya has a charisma of a walnut. She's great as a technical wrestler, but man, is she boring as all hell.

The Zayn match was easily the best match I've seen since I've started re-watching wrestling again earlier this year. 

I need to know, why did the ref ring the bell during the miz fight? There was no interference. My only thought was a count out 

I don't understand the count out rule. During the clubs match both legal men were outside of the ring at one point while two other dudes were fighting in the ring and the ref wasn't counting. 

Edited by mmfood