VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

9 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Del Rio has been released. Not surprised by this. It's a shame though. He could've had great momentum when he returned but then they stuck him with Colter and then the awful League of Nations gimmick. Oh well.

El Patron was really good in Lucha Underground and in the indies. It shouldn't have come as a surprise that they'd never use him well in the WWE or that they'd ever push him back to the top again when there are so many others vying for that spot. He could've been a good upper midcarder I guess since he's still a tremendous athlete but I don't blame him for leaving.

Paige is apparently on her way out, too. I've actually liked her less and less since her main roster debut and while I didn't expect them to part ways already, I can't say I'm gonna miss her. The Women's Division has become so strong, Paige can't even make the Top 10.

19 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Paige is apparently on her way out, too. I've actually liked her less and less since her main roster debut and while I didn't expect them to part ways already, I can't say I'm gonna miss her. The Women's Division has become so strong, Paige can't even make the Top 10.

I respectfully disagree entirely. I think Paige has been wildly misused since she dropped the Divas belt last. If she was given a nice shot against Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, or any other woman, she'd shine. Her NXT work was fantastic, and I often make the argument that she was a key usher of the women's wrestling movement. If she leaves, it's a terrible mistake on her end though. I think she should stick it out and grind to get back to the top. She's a MUCH better competitor and speaker than most of the roster. I would argue she's up there with Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley. But opinions, man, I understand what you're saying.

Weighing in on Paige:

The pale, goth-y look was never something I was attracted to, so I never paid attention to her. But you know what, once I saw her more and more, I realized she's attractive. So she'd come around and I would look at her. Then I started watching her matches, and damn, she was really good. I've come around 180 degrees to appreciate Paige's matches as much as Sasha or Bayley. I hope she stays. I think she's a real asset. 

10 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I respectfully disagree entirely. I think Paige has been wildly misused since she dropped the Divas belt last. If she was given a nice shot against Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, or any other woman, she'd shine. Her NXT work was fantastic, and I often make the argument that she was a key usher of the women's wrestling movement. If she leaves, it's a terrible mistake on her end though. I think she should stick it out and grind to get back to the top. She's a MUCH better competitor and speaker than most of the roster. I would argue she's up there with Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley. But opinions, man, I understand what you're saying.

She's definitely been misused and the way she's been booked is probably a big reason I stopped caring about her. However, except for her excellent match against Emma at NXT ArRIVAL, I can't think of a single match or feud that I found to be particularly good or memorable (even the Pai-J feud was kinda disappointing). And while she can cut promos when they let her, I find her annoying more often than not - especially her silly catchphrase. I don't know, she absolutely adds to the women's division's depth and she's still over with the fans but I wouldn't mind if she left and then someday, comes back better than ever.

6 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Would've been WAAAAAY more surprised to see a guy who hasn't inked a deal win. Great matches tonight/the whole tournament so I honestly don't care who wins. 

100% I'm honestly less excited for the final than I was for the semis. Also, this tag match is gonna be magical. All four of these guys are fantastic.

All makes sense now. They're crowning the Cruiserweight Champion tonight. The winner of the CWC not only wins the tournament but the belt as well. That's why we don't have Ibushi or ZSJ in the finals.

And what a great match to end the tournament. Not the guys that I would have picked, but I loved everything about the tournament nonetheless. I really hope they do this again next year. I can't wait to see what they have these cruiserweights do on Raw.

Edited by TheWindBlower

I'm glad I knew about Ibushi and ZSJ's situations because otherwise, I wouldn't have enjoyed the excellent finale nearly as much. All matches were great and if they do tag matches like that on RAW, I can't wait. Although I thought it was a shame they didn't do Ibushi-ZSJ as a match for 3rd place instead of the tag match but that's just nitpicking. Speaking of Ibushi, while a lot of talent impressed big time, he remains my personal MVP of the CWC because every match of his was at least four stars. Can't wait to see him in NJPW, hopefully with Omega.

Also, I was never really rooting for TJP and I doubt anyone thought he was going to win but he turned out to be the perfect choice. He had a great real-life backstory, he was one of the best total packages of the tournament and he totally deserved both the trophy and the title. I will fucking miss this show - it was legit the best weekly pro wrestling product I've ever seen. If the cruiserweights can't save 3-hour RAWs, nothing will.

Edited by Breezus

CWC was great.

Before the match was posted in the thread, I had never heard or seen ZSJ. Watching his matches in the tourney, man, was he entertaining. I wish he would sign. I know he's not right now but man, I think that guy is amazing. I'm glad he's only 29 and still has time to get a wider exposure. I'll have to scour Youtube for his newest matches.

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

Also, I was never really rooting for TJP and I doubt anyone thought he was going to win but he turned out to be the perfect choice.H e had a great real-life backstory, he was one of the best total packages of the tournament and he totally deserved both the trophy and the title. I will fucking miss this show - it was legit the best weekly pro wrestling product I've ever seen. If the cruiserweights can't save 3-hour RAWs, nothing will.

My top two picks were Gargano and Rich Swann, after he knocked them both out I knew it would be him. He's actually the guy in the tournament I've been watching the longest thanks to his TNA run back when it was a lot harder to get your hands on non WWE wrestling content.  Pretty stoked on his win.

Hopefully the CWC becomes a yearly thing like NJPW Super Juniors tourney. A nice mix of standouts from this year and fresh talent that maybe weren't able to compete this year (Ospreay, Ricochet, Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett pleeeease) would be sick. Obviously the winner wouldn't become the champ, but maybe they could get a title shot.

Yeah, I thought it was great. Purple lighting and logo and a great F4W #1 Contender's match (and I'm so happy to see Swann and Cedric there). But since they kicked off the third hour, the crowd was dead and Foley's introduction didn't do them any favours and even though they still got them to chant "this is awesome", I really hope they get an earlier slot in the future.

Yeah, I thought it was great. Purple lighting and logo and a great F4W #1 Contender's match (and I'm so happy to see Swann and Cedric there). But since they kicked off the third hour, the crowd was dead and Foley's introduction didn't do them any favours and even though they still got them to chant "this is awesome", I really hope they get an earlier slot in the future.

1 hour ago, Brock N Roll said:

Haven't popped in this thread for a while. I'm going to Clash of Champions on Sunday. Have front row tickets opposite the hard camera so look for Bob Saget on TV!

If you don't hold a sign that says "BOB SAGET," "SHOUTOUT VC," then I won't believe you went. So, your move.

2 hours ago, Brock N Roll said:

Haven't popped in this thread for a while. I'm going to Clash of Champions on Sunday. Have front row tickets opposite the hard camera so look for Bob Saget on TV!

If you don't hold a sign that says "BOB SAGET," "SHOUTOUT VC," or another dead giveaway, then I won't believe you went. So, your move.

Edited by TheWindBlower

20 hours ago, Brock N Roll said:

Oh man, that's cool. I've never sat front row! Def have a "VC for WWE Creative" or something like that!

On 9/20/2016 at 6:25 PM, TheWindBlower said:

If you don't hold a sign that says "BOB SAGET," "SHOUTOUT VC," then I won't believe you went. So, your move.

On 9/21/2016 at 1:04 PM, somethingvinyl said:

Oh man, that's cool. I've never sat front row! Def have a "VC for WWE Creative" or something like that!

Didn't see either of these before I left! Here's a picture though, I'm the dude giving two thumbs down haha

clash_zpskcbynrss.jpg

Edited by Brock N Roll