FUN. NEW LP and LTD 7"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they're able to play to all markets. People who will spend stupid money on stuff because they want to buy on pre-order and b/c it's somewhat limited will do just that...and the rest of us who are only willing to pay $15-$20 for a new release will also do just that.

It seems like these annoying bundles only come up on pre-orders, and it seems like just a way to milk money from the crazy fans. Sound good to me--milk them, not me. I can wait.

I am honestly tired of the "bundles" that include the LPs. It's becoming a trend that is really bringing me down as of late.

I suppose it's saving me lots of money in the long run though, because I'm just simply not buying ANYTHING from them.

If that's bringing you down, might I suggest volunteering for a soup kitchen or something for something to really get you down.

Nate said they'll release this on vinyl on the release date. Settle down, folks.

• 2 weeks later...
Fucking Epic.... I bought this the second it went live, and I got the Paramore Singles Box Set instead... WTF.

Fueled By Ramen for the win!

same. It was beat to shit but $9 for some cool looking 7" colors is fine with me, even if I don't listen to this band. One sided 7" is rather lame in my book though.

Just incase you guys didn't know it yet, I know for a fact that they have put this out for distribution and that you'll be able to get it other places and won't have to pay the $65. Where I work we're going to be selling it because so I know for one Ill be getting it for well under the $65 bundle.

• 4 weeks later...
How huge of a pressing is this going to be? And what are the odds of it being on anything other than black? Took the preorder off of amazon regardless, just wondering..

It has been said on this board that this is the exact same pressing from Record Store Day a couple years ago. So that means its a 2xLP on Black vinyl and an etching on one side of the vinyl.

How huge of a pressing is this going to be? And what are the odds of it being on anything other than black? Took the preorder off of amazon regardless, just wondering..

It has been said on this board that this is the exact same pressing from Record Store Day a couple years ago. So that means its a 2xLP on Black vinyl and an etching on one side of the vinyl.

He's talking about the new LP, not the repress, which is why he asked in this thread and not that one...

I'm a big fan of the record. It's a bold, brash, and absurd pop record that the mainstream needs. The vocoder effects don't bother me because Nate is using it as a tool rather than a crutch. I can understand why people don't like it (probably because of T-Pain exhaustion and the confusion between vocoder and autotune effects). Anyways, that's just my two cents, I'm only here for the negative karma.

Never got into the Format or their (fun.) first album but I checked out the stream and have not been able to stop listening it's got a cheesy pop rock feel to it, reminds me a bit of Queen. Still not paying 25 for the lp though, even with amazon prime I'm still not picking this up which is too bad because I really like this album.