PO: Anthony Green - Beautiful Things (Out 1/17/12)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why the fuck do they even have it on there?

I was actually at the Photo Finish offices today and asked them about this, and they said that in order to have an item be a part of a bundle, the individual item itself has to be added to the store first. So they had to make a page for the flexi in order to have it be a part of the bundle (this is similar to what happened with Rise's Transit and Man Overboard pre-order bundle deals, how people found the hidden URLs for the rarest colors individually).

But yeah, if you don't want to buy one of the bundles to get the flexi, wait till January. It will be available from two different physical retailers.

Never knew/heard what was so impressive about Anthony Green during the Saosin phenomenon. If one were going to check his material out, where should they start?

Anthony Green - Califone (Colin's remix is pretty damn good, too)

Anthony Green - Devil's Song

Saosin - 3rd Measurement in C (Acoustic)

Circa Survive - Spirit of the Stairwell

Circa Survive - Lazarus

I have to say Babygirl and Dear Child off of Avalon (his solo album), and In Fear and Faith, Lazarus, and pretty much every other Circa song. His Saosin days were very early and underproduced compared to something like Blue Sky Noise. While I do love Anthony's Saosin, it's no Circa Survive. Anthony Green is probably my all time favorite musician. Definitely top three. I mean, he makes his happy solo stuff, crazy ...the sound of animals fighting stuff, Circa Survive, and then he does guest vocals in death metal songs. It's pretty awesome. Not to mention he's super nice and stuff. From what I've heard/seen. I'm hoping to see him when he comes to Orlando in January. He doesn't get any closer to Panama City than an eight hour drive. >.> /endfanboymoment

Seven Years was one of my absolute favorite songs way before I ever heard Circa or his solo work. Still love it a lot. And yeah, Weak Man is great. But so is Good Old War in general. Makeshifttrigger (haven't learned everyone's actual names yet...), all the Circa songs you listed are some of my favorite. Especially Stop the Fuckin' Car. It's my second favorite, next to In Fear and Faith.