The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

I read that Fincher had a 3-hour cut of the film prepared, but there were arguments with Sony over the length in regards to Oscar potential (fucking dumb). I'd say it'll end up being a closer runtime to the Swedish original which was around 2hrs 45mins.

I personally think it's awesome that there was enough creativity flowing with this project for Trent and Atticus to compose that much music, and the thought of a 6XLP makes me so keen to see what this packaging will look like.

Guess we'll see later today.

fincher's cut is 3 hours long and have read the studios wanted 2 hours and 25 mins and i believe it's at 2 hours and 45 minutes right now.

and are you kidding with that $60 dollar price tag for a x6LP? no offense there. but the social network was nearly $30 for a x2LP. my guess is going to be at least $100 especially if the packaging is going to be legit.

also, i thought the social network vinyl sounded great. i also had a few pops and such on the second side but overall i thought it was great.

and are you kidding with that $60 dollar price tag for a x6LP? no offense there. but the social network was nearly $30 for a x2LP. my guess is going to be at least $100 especially if the packaging is going to be legit.

I did say "minimum". I mean I have no experience with buying a x6lp so it was just a guess haha.

And I am really curious what the packaging will be like. I am sure trent will make it worth the buy.

I am thinking that this is going to be super expensive. Anyone care to estimate the vinyl will cost? Its three hours of material.

don't care; will buy :)

(and I totally didn't mean to be rude or anything)

and while I'm estimating, I'm gonna guess... $60-75.

HA! I wonder if there will be a non-deluxe, non-$300 version

http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

almost gave me a heart attack going through that order...

that is just nuts.. I'd do it for $150 without the signatures (why they'd want to sign 3000 copies of something I'm not sure)

this is essentially what he did for ghosts, right? $300, signed, #'d out of 2500 (right?). if I were living off a grad student stipend back then, I would have bought that, too...

that is just nuts.. I'd do it for $150 without the signatures (why they'd want to sign 3000 copies of something I'm not sure)

this is essentially what he did for ghosts, right? $300, signed, #'d out of 2500 (right?). if I were living off a grad student stipend back then, I would have bought that, too...

I remember that thing going for 500-800 immediately afterwards. Quick ebay search shows one sold last week for $305. 2500-3000 copies is just too many to think that kind of value will hold up over time. (Probably doesn't help that the music on Ghosts is not exactly something people are lusting over now 3 years later)

don't care; will buy :)

(and I totally didn't mean to be rude or anything)

and while I'm estimating, I'm gonna guess... $60-75.

HA! I wonder if there will be a non-deluxe, non-$300 version

http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

almost gave me a heart attack going through that order...

At first I was thinking, "Yeah I DEF. need to get that because i missed out on the Ghosts Deluxe." But 3000 copies is a bit much when paying 300 dollars....Actually just 300 dollars in general is a ton of money. I would do it for 200 but 300?

Also I agree about it going down later. Ghosts sells sometimes for well under what it came out for and not many people care either. I love ghosts though. I think I need some time to think about this..

EDIT: MY GOD. After seeing that trailer and listening to the music I am leaning towards getting this.. It is truly beautiful music.