The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

There was much more going on with the deluxe Ghosts to justify the $300 price it had...with this GDT deluxe, $300 is a bit steep...

it's worth noting that this album has 50% more music for the same price, and, to me, that's worth the omission of a hardcover picture book (I'm sure I'm greatly generalizing/undervaluing the prints and whatnot, but whatever) and the multi-track files. the audio blu-ray would have been cool, but we still get the same high-quality audio on the flashdrive (right? I don't think it's compressed or anything), so we didn't really lose much there either

There was much more going on with the deluxe Ghosts to justify the $300 price it had...with this GDT deluxe, $300 is a bit steep...

it's worth noting that this album has 50% more music for the same price, and, to me, that's worth the omission of a hardcover picture book (I'm sure I'm greatly generalizing/undervaluing the prints and whatnot, but whatever) and the multi-track files. the audio blu-ray would have been cool, but we still get the same high-quality audio on the flashdrive (right? I don't think it's compressed or anything), so we didn't really lose much there either

Well, geez fine...when you put it that way... ;)

Well I bought it. Damn there goes 320 dollars. Hah. It better be shipped and packed well. Any of you that bought the ghosts deluxe: Were yours packed well?

It was packed well-enough. The box it came in, which I still have, was almost designed for it. It was all snug. Thankfully the mail carrier...I can't recall if it was sent USPS or FedEx...handled it well and no damage. If I have time I'll take pics.

About a year later, I ordered a second one for a friend, from a batch of leftovers, and that arrived perfectly as well.

Bear in mind that the Ghosts were done by Artist In Residence and they specialize in uber-fancy packaging and releases. It seems that TopSpin Media is handling TGWTDGT.

Well I bought it. Damn there goes 320 dollars. Hah. It better be shipped and packed well. Any of you that bought the ghosts deluxe: Were yours packed well?

It was packed well-enough. The box it came in, which I still have, was almost designed for it. It was all snug. Thankfully the mail carrier...I can't recall if it was sent USPS or FedEx...handled it well and no damage. If I have time I'll take pics.

About a year later, I ordered a second one for a friend, from a batch of leftovers, and that arrived perfectly as well.

Bear in mind that the Ghosts were done by Artist In Residence and they specialize in uber-fancy packaging and releases. It seems that TopSpin Media is handling TGWTDGT.

Thanks for the response man. I am so excited to get it. I am glad I got it. I thought about it for a day and then i realized i would regret it if i did not purchase it. I absoultely love everything I have heard from it so far. Even just the trailer music he did was beautiful.