Whats Up with HRC & IIOI ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan was at the show last night, and basically bolted after HRC said something baout it being nice to play in front of adults now instead of a bunch of "pussy faggots."

Which didn't sit well with me either, to be honest. Kept my $5 for the 7". Ticket was free, so I didn't lose anything from going last night. Would have not been cool with things if I'd paid.

Evan was at the show last night, and basically bolted after HRC said something baout it being nice to play in front of adults now instead of a bunch of "pussy faggots."

Which didn't sit well with me either, to be honest. Kept my $5 for the 7". Ticket was free, so I didn't lose anything from going last night. Would have not been cool with things if I'd paid.

reasons why bands should stay broken up

he left because he didn't like that they used the word 'faggot'?

if thats all you got from that, then yes.

you could take it also as...

them calling fans of IIOI pussy faggots

or

them calling their fans from before they broke up as pussy faggots... but then the fans at the show last night would most likely still be those same pussy faggots fans from before, which would mean they are playing to pussy faggots that they dont like.

It's really not. Kept my money.

Had the same reaction when Billy No Talent used it in a mocking manner when I saw them open for My Chemical Romance back in '07.

They made fun of the hockey team that Columbus has and felt that talking like Cletus the Slackjawed Yokel and acting angry and yelling "Hey, faggot!" was an acceptable way to do an impression of crowd "anger."(when actually my response in my head was, "oh yeah, Columbus Ohio has a hockey team for some reason.")

Use of that word isn't cool. I didn't like them before, and I liked them even less after that.

If you are offended by a word you need thicker skin.

Really? We live in a world where kids being called Faggot in schools are committing suicide weekly and they need to grow a thicker skin? They are the problem? Good God you're an idiot. This word needs to disappear. Some words can't be de-stigmatized and this is one of them.

If you are offended by a word you need thicker skin.

I've been called a 'faggot' (and a good many other things in the dictionary of gay epithets) for a sizable portion of my life despite having a 'straight' orientation. I gained the ability to brush it off a long time ago - I did not, however, gain the ability to find such an unacceptable word acceptable - especially amongst folks as intelligent and civil as the majority of us here.