Dr. Manhattan Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drmanhattan/dr-manhattan-goes-vinyl

Not a fan of Kickstarter, but since they are friends of mine I'll post this to help them out. Me and Chris Conley from Saves The Day enjoy this album. If you want to contribute go ahead.

How many test pressings do they have? What if 50 people pledge 50 or more?

They do got some good priced things on there.

United Pressing Plant will make as many as are pledged for.

Yeah its an incentive program United has set up if bands use Kickstarter.

If they get to 6K they are also going to put out a new album.

I don't see the $6k happening not with this band, I felt like $3k is a little advantageous of them but we'll see.

United Pressing Plant will make as many as are pledged for.

If they get to 6K they are also going to put out a new album.

I don't see the $6k happening not with this band, I felt like $3k is a little advantageous of them but we'll see.

any pressing plant will press as many test presses as you request.

any pressing plant will press as many test presses as you request.

Right, I just meant that United has an incentive program where if you are using Kickstarter, or Indie Go Go or Pledge Music and people pledge $50 or more they will press a free test pressing for every one of those pledges with a max of 50 free test presses.

• 3 weeks later...

So there is 45 mins left. They really exceeded expectations. I'm seeing them the 23rd. Will try to ask a few questions about the new album.

[image]

They will have Dr. Manhattan/Dormlife splits available at the show that I never knew existed.

[image]

The record is already being pressed.

Wow. The show went great. It sold out. There was a section for 18-20 year olds, but during DMAN's second song they tried to push a pool table out of the way and join the 21+ people. As a result the show stopped for 30 mins and all 18-20 year olds were kicked out. They had the S/T record on black and white there and a split 7". Very cool. They may be recording, but the second drummer/keyboard dude is moving to california in three weeks. They may also have another show if everything works out.

• 3 months later...

Yeah I have been reading on their facebook that they were starting to send them out. I think they have only played one more show since that one at the bowling alley (Hush Sound Reunion). I haven't gotten mine yet. I actually talked to the drummer last week because he just joined the same gym as me. I didn't feel like asking where my record was cuz I knew they were still packing everything up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...