filled up the expedit, now what?

I have 2 4x4's filled and there's additional shelving on top of one stuffed to the limit as well as shelving underneath my stereo units. This problem will be rearing its head for me within the next six months I'm sure...

Get a 4x4 if it's taken you awhile to fill the unit you already have.

what is that, about 2000 LPs?

I have 2 4x4's filled and there's additional shelving on top of one stuffed to the limit as well as shelving underneath my stereo units. This problem will be rearing its head for me within the next six months I'm sure...

Did a rough count on mine not too long ago. I think it's about 1500/1800 pieces.

Try just about an extra thousand total in Kriss' collection.

i'm thinking about investing in an expedit cos i just recently filled the cabinet i've been using.

i have a little over 200 LPS and around 85 7"s, i'm assuming a 2x2 expedit would be enough for this? i'm not sure tho.

Yeah, my collection is about the same size as yours, and my 2x2 is full with just LPs and I have a crate of loose stuff on the floor.

strap on a pair and just buy it!

Words to live by.

Also, I have a 300+ item collection and the 2x4 Expedit is starting to fill up. Granted, I like a lot of space to move things around in each box and I have one box dedicated to boxsets and one to 7"s so I have a little room for expansion still.

does ikea sell legs for these?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20054563/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80134190/

I'd go with more than 4 because of the weight of the records, but that's just me.

i would think 6 legs for a 2x4.

stick a pair in the middle for good measure.

thanks!

Try just about an extra thousand total in Kriss' collection.

I've been able to comfortably fit 80 or so LP's into each cube (and by that I mean, with the ability to flick through freely without having to pry records out because some people pack them in like solid blocks). That x 32 squares comes out to about 2,500 LP's in the expedits plus another nearly 300 inside additional shelving atop one of them along with around 400 or so underneath my stereo equipment.

That said though, I would try to convince the lady to get a bigger expedit on account of presentation in the apartment (I can't think of any person who would find the alternative of floor space being hindered by objects and inhibiting mobility being better than sacrificing another two and a half feet of floor and another four and a quarter feet of wall to keep the clutter under control).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20054563/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80134190/

I'd go with more than 4 because of the weight of the records, but that's just me.

i would think 6 legs for a 2x4.

stick a pair in the middle for good measure.

thanks!

I put 4 capita legs on my 2x4 and it has held up great. Even stood on it once with no problem but wouldn't make a habit of it, I don't even trust an expedit on the ground to hold that well. I did worry about it at first but now not so much.

[image]

[image]