Which Game You Like Most

ashley43

classic nintendo stuff is still my favorite. i still find myself playing my nes more than anything else.

this is a really hard question to answer, because im always playing games, and rarely do i find myself coming back to one in particular.

i own an nes, snes, n64, gamecube, and a wii.

i also have an atari 2600, sega genesis, xbox 360 and playstation 3.

i also own a pretty decent collection of games for each console, plus i game on PC.

my collection consists of over 50 for nes, about 35 or 40 for sega genesis, about 40 for atari as well, and my xbox collection is about 23, everything else is below 10.

steam counts over 78 games on my pc, but that includes betas and expansions so it's not entirely accurate.

but yeah, there is probably a video game on somewhere in my house at any given time during the day between myself, my wife and my kids.

and like i said, we rarely find ourselves coming back to the same old game as a "favorite" (tho my wife has probably put close to 200 hours in left 4 dead 1 and 2 on PC). games i've never played before are the stuff that keep me gaming. i get bored easily.

Guest markovianprocess
classic nintendo stuff is still my favorite. i still find myself playing my nes more than anything else.

I got rid of all of my consoles and bought one of these:

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21

Plug the proper controllers into your laptop/desktop via USB, and you can play virtually any game for any system you want! Such a space/money saver.

I've got the SNES one at the moment, and will get the NES and Atari ones when I've got the spare cash.

ITT: People that don't realize this is a spam bot

i was thinking that there was no way this was a real person. And then i checked the post history for the account. My instinct was proven correct.

Guest markovianprocess

i was thinking that there was no way this was a real person. And then i checked the post history for the account. My instinct was proven correct.

Although, it's funny when a spam bot makes better threads than a lot of the users.

Plug the proper controllers into your laptop/desktop via USB, and you can play virtually any game for any system you want! Such a space/money saver.

I've got the SNES one at the moment, and will get the NES and Atari ones when I've got the spare cash.

Just download emulators and roms. Free.

Guest markovianprocess

That's what I was getting at. I use the emulators and roms WITH the original controllers, thanks to a little USB adaptor.

That's what I was getting at. I use the emulators and roms WITH the original controllers, thanks to a little USB adaptor.

i installed homebrew on my wii and emulate all the nes, snes and genesis that isn't on my shelf.

well, all the stuff thats in english, that is.

I saw this thread last night and laughed. Didn't realize it would be taken seriously - that said, I have a stupid addiction Angry Birds (can't let myself get real consoles as that would be my undoing).

did you update dat angry birds? they just added a birthday level. also changed the star rating graphics, and a few other things.

I saw this thread last night and laughed. Didn't realize it would be taken seriously - that said, I have a stupid addiction Angry Birds (can't let myself get real consoles as that would be my undoing).

did you update dat angry birds? they just added a birthday level. also changed the star rating graphics, and a few other things.

Was this today? I don't have the original Angry Birds - just Rio and Seasons. I've been meaning to get the original but I have an OCD tendency of making sure I get all three stars in every level where I've got perfect scores across the board. Delving into the original where there are probably hundreds of new levels for me to play would be bad news right now. hahah

I've always excelled in sports games and picked them up really fast. The original Max Payne is probably my favorite game ever, probably because it's the only game I've beaten more than once and still continued to play it. I've never really been into these FPS crap games most people fucking rave over...

I'm a fighting game man through and through. Also... I've always had a soft spot for the Kingdom Hearts games. Possibly my favorite series actually.

I love Kingdom Hearts. I just hate that they spread their games across every different console they could think of. I can't keep up with that shit... and there goes the story. :(

Obviously not out yet since it was just announced but I don't have to play this to know I'm going to love it. Survival horror from the people that made Uncharted? Uhhhhhh yes. I'm excited out of my mind for this game.

Other than that Dead Space, Final Fantasy, Siren, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts are pretty rad. Not really a huge gamer but the few that I like I really get into.

PS: If you have a PS3 and like horror stuff get this. The soundtrack rules and it's super underrated IMO.

Personally, I have no problem with spambots if they're creating topics that lead to substantive discussions. When they post nothing but a wall of text and links, sure, ignore/delete it. But I could care less if the OP actually reads what we post ;D

Anyway, I play mostly shooters. I'm the type who finds a game and plays it pretty solidly for months. Far too busy to be starting new games every week. Halo and Battlefield have been my franchises of choice for the better part of my life. I've also got a soft spot for pretty much any Valve game. I like some free-roam third person GTA/Crackdown/Mercenaries type games as well, though they're hit or miss for me. (The three franchises that I listed would be "hits" as far as I'm concerned)

My roommates are pretty into the Call of Duty games, so I play them quite a bit, but I find them incredibly mindless, and for some reason they frustrate me far more than any other games I play online, so I'm really not too big a fan of them myself. Was a big fan of Call of Duty 2 and 4, but haven't really been able to get into the newer ones.

I don't enjoy online gaming as much as I used to, which I think is because it's a lot less social than it was when I was growing up on it. When I was playing Halo 2 online, everybody had a mic and you talked with your team, coordinated, talked shit, etc. Now, it seems hardly anybody uses a mic, and the few that do are in an XBL party so communication is impossible anyways. If I could do away with 1 XBL update, it would definitely be XBL party chat.