Starting A Label! Need Help.

dude, i created my site using bandzoogle. it was SO fucking easy. it's not the best website in the world, but it gets done what i need it to do. for $20 a month, i get a store directly in my website, and all the free digital download codes i ever want. part of the deal is also a custom domain name. if you use the free trial, it'll be "www.recordhound1002.bandzoogle.com" ... but if you upgrade to the $20/month option, you can get it to be "www.recordhound1002.com".

i have absolutely ZERO web design experience in my background, and i created everything you see on my own. it's very easy to use. i'd be happy to walk you through anything you need.

www.artisticintegrityrecords.com

if you decide you want to try using bandzoogle, let me give you a referral link so you can get 60 days of free usage, and i can get a month free! :)

dude, i created my site using bandzoogle. it was SO fucking easy. it's not the best website in the world, but it gets done what i need it to do. for $20 a month, i get a store directly in my website, and all the free digital download codes i ever want. part of the deal is also a custom domain name. if you use the free trial, it'll be "www.recordhound1002.bandzoogle.com" ... but if you upgrade to the $20/month option, you can get it to be "www.recordhound1002.com".

i have absolutely ZERO web design experience in my background, and i created everything you see on my own. it's very easy to use. i'd be happy to walk you through anything you need.

www.artisticintegrityrecords.com

if you decide you want to try using bandzoogle, let me give you a referral link so you can get 60 days of free usage, and i can get a month free! :)

i kinda like template based websites, mainly because they're easy on the eyes and super easy to navigate. which in the end is what really matters. i gonna keep this site in mind if i decide to be lazy (since i can design a site, just hate doing them).

don't get me wrong, there were a ton of real junkers in there to choose from. i just really like simple websites. i could have added a flash intro, or a site-wide media player, or a whole bunch of bells and whistles. but i don't like all that crap. just make it obvious for me to get where i need to go, and let me buy my shit and get on my way. that's how i tried to lay my site out, at least.

also, unless they have since changed their prices, if you want digital download codes from limited pressing, it's $20 for 1,000 codes. by far the best price i found anywhere (most places seemed to be $55-60 per thousand). the catch was, you had to also agree to buy 2 months of limited pressing's store, which was $20/month. they throw in a third month free, but you're essentially paying $60 for 1,000 downloads and 3 months of store usage.

with bandzoogle, you get a free store on your own site (no links to external sites/stores needed), and all the digital download codes your little heart desires. if you're only going to be doing one release every 3 months, you wouldn't need any more than 1,000 codes more than likely anyway. but still.

here's another band's website that uses the exact same template as the one i'm using for mine.

www.theloveshots.com

as you can see, they were a little more creative with their use of photos at the top of pages than i was. and they utilize a few more of the options than i have chosen to so far.

You could also try Virb.com. I'd be an advocate for the template route.

I say this with all due respect, but anyone who is willing to do this for you for free probably isn't going to position you favorably in the marketplace. You could get lucky with some hungry, really talented, recent graduate but most self-respsecting designers are not going to leap at this opportunity.