rare records for sale -- need help pricing

duckedup

Hello,

I have a bunch of rare hardcore/punk/emo records from the 90s that I want to sell. Can anyone point me to some good resources for record pricing? I'm not looking to screw anyone over, I just want to sell the records for market value. Some examples of what I have:

7"

Saves the day - "I'm sorry I'm leaving" (white vinyl)

Good Clean Fun - "Shopping for a Crew (clear blue)

Death by Stereo - Fooled by your Smile (clear yellow)

In My Eyes - s/t (clear blue)

Cave In - Crossbearer (aqua green)

Guilt - bittersweetblue (clear red)

10"

Get Up Kids - "Red Letter Day" (clear green)

12"

In My Eyes - 'nothing to Hide" (white)

Jimmy Eat World - "static prevails" (original black)

Cave In - "until your heart stops" (double LP clear red/clear blue)

Cave In - "Beyond Hypothermia" (blue)

Hot Water Music - "No Division" (clear purple)

Morning Again - "As Tradition Dies Slowly" (blue)

Get Up Kids - "Something to Write Home About" (clear orange)

Saves the Day - Through Being cool (blue)

Promise Ring - "Very Emergency" (clear orange)

Plus many more. Thanks for looking -- any help is much appreciated.

then put them on ebay for 0.99 and see what they end up going for. That will tell you what the market value is on the records.

if you think that market value means the highest they have ever sold for then check popsike.com and collectorsfrenzy.com and start your records at a ridiculously high price that one sold for 5 years ago before people stopped caring about it.

check ebay completed listings for the most recent selling prices. or add it to your "favorites" list on ebay and when one pops up on ebay youll get an email and you can watch it and see what "market price" is.

otherwise just offer them up on mesageboards and take offers and there you go. market price.

popsike.com

Gives you the range in what people have been paying throughout the years.

this is completely untrue. popsike give you only what people have paid above 25 dollars, not counting buy it nows.

So there could have been 200 sales on ebay all in the 5-10 dollar range, but 2 people started an auction at 29.99 and someone bit, and so popsike only shows the 2 that sold for almost 30 bucks, which then makes people think "market price" is now 30 dollars, when really, the average selling price is 5-10 bucks.

plus hype comes and goes. So what sold for 80 bucks last year, might not be worth 1/10th that now, or vice versa.

Please post an eBay or Deadformat account for a reference. No offense but this board has been hit a lot lately by new members who are unreliable (to put it kindly). Thanks.

this.

I haven't been burned yet but I've been getting increasingly paranoid with doing business on here (and that's after having dealt positively with nearly a couple dozen folks on here).

Those Cave In...

Could you give me a little more info on the Cave In - Beyond Hypothermia LP? Look at the back of the sleeve, it should be numbered. What is the number? And when you say "blue" do you mean the sleeve or the LP? There are at least 6 different major sleeve variations, but the LP only came on gray and purple.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I am going to try and inventory all my records and put them in a list. I'll probably put many up on EBAY but will sell some of the others on message boards such as these. I'll provide EBAY links once I get them listed. I'll try to reply to private messages in short order.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I am going to try and inventory all my records and put them in a list. I'll probably put many up on EBAY but will sell some of the others on message boards such as these. I'll provide EBAY links once I get them listed. I'll try to reply to private messages in short order.

also, just fair warning, this probably won't happen until after the holidays.