Headphone's you'd recommend

put this in the wrong thread...

i totally prefer these $18 sennheiser headphones over my $225 nixon master blasters for $150 sony studio headphones. they sound better then my friend's dr. dre beat$ too.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-202-II-Professional/dp/B003LPTAYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325051762&sr=8-1

highly recommended, not much of a risk either.

Definitely considering this. Why are they so cheap if they work so good?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read alot of reviews on the Beats by Dre being complete shit because of the bass distortion. They make the bass way more powerful than it was intended to be and distorts the rest of the music.

Absolutely not, at least on my Beats Pro. They sure are bassy and LOUD but no distortion.

And they sound better with electronica, hip hop, extreme metal. Not so good with cleaner stuff, 70's rock and so on.

Rather than start a new thread I'll throw my question in this one. What ear buds do you guys recommend? Personally I kind of hate buds, perfering over-ears, but buds are the only thing I can get away with at work.

I'm using the generic white Apple ones now, but the sound is unimpressive and they hurt my ears after awhile. Also, for some reason the way they fit my in my ears muffles the sound to the point where I have to crank up the volume just to hear anything. But I could just have freak ears...

i totally prefer these $18 sennheiser headphones over my $225 nixon master blasters for $150 sony studio headphones. they sound better then my friend's dr. dre beat$ too.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-202-II-Professional/dp/B003LPTAYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325051762&sr=8-1

+1 I've been using these for years. Inexpensive and awesome. NOTHING compares at this price point. Cheap and amazing audio, especially bass response.

Rather than start a new thread I'll throw my question in this one. What ear buds do you guys recommend? Personally I kind of hate buds, perfering over-ears, but buds are the only thing I can get away with at work.

I'm using the generic white Apple ones now, but the sound is unimpressive and they hurt my ears after awhile. Also, for some reason the way they fit my in my ears muffles the sound to the point where I have to crank up the volume just to hear anything. But I could just have freak ears...

Apple standard ones are some of the worst earbuds I've ever tried.

How much do you want to spend?

Well, somewhere in the 50 dollar range, I guess... I don't know, I don't want to break the bank on earbuds, but since I spend 40+ hours a week with the things in I don't mind investing a bit.

Definitely considering this. Why are they so cheap if they work so good?

Also considering this with a price that low. I just picked up a set of wireless headphones, but I'd like something for my iphone too.

Well, somewhere in the 50 dollar range, I guess... I don't know, I don't want to break the bank on earbuds, but since I spend 40+ hours a week with the things in I don't mind investing a bit.

Sennheiser are good but a little dry compared to Sony that sound maybe a little too bassy but I just love them for everyday, 'street' use. I tried different models thru the years after getting my first iPod back in 2003 and I must admit the were always good, durable and quite cheap. Best 'party' headphones for the price.

If you want to go a little higher with your budget you should try Shure and I'd recommend you to stay the fuck away from Etymotic.

Master Blasters are awesome, use them daily.

I have heard great things about shure's in-ear headphones..

like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE115-PNK-Isolating-Earphones-Microspeaker/dp/B001TDKMLE/ref=pd_cp_e_2

I actually use the skullcandy ink'd ear buds for working out.. they actually sound pretty damn good for $16, but if you move even an inch, the sound gets picked up from the movement.. (you get what you pay for). I generally ignore it but I can see that irritating some people.