does this kind of stuff make anyone else cringe?

Cash in while you can before people forget about dubstep in a year lol.

Totally unrelated to the thread (though I DO hate record bowls), and this isn't a comment on anyone here really, but it bums me out that dub step has become a huge fad over the last year and a half when prior to that I was really enjoying dub step as it was developing - mainly through different comps put out by Soul Jazz - as far back as 2006. My motivations for liking it came from being a huge a dub freak in terms of the original Jamaican stuff though - when I see Skrillex, I get incredibly sad. Hahah

As long as you checked them out and made sure they were those crappy Christian easy listening records from the 70s before you melted them... Not because I hate Christian things (I am a Christian, actually) but because the majority of 70s Christian music I have heard sucks.

Guest mellietronx
As long as you checked them out and made sure they were those crappy Christian easy listening records from the 70s before you melted them... Not because I hate Christian things (I am a Christian, actually) but because the majority of 70s Christian music I have heard sucks.

or old Carman.

I don't understand getting the vinyl signed. I would just get the sleeve signed. But, I have yet to get things signed. I feel too teeny-bopper. I do have a Shonen Knife poster signed though. That's pretty much it.

It doesn't really do anything from what I remember. The frame I have it in is weird, and it takes a bit of effort to bring it out, so the chances of me playing it soon to recheck are slim. I have the commercially available version anyway, so I can bust that out if I want to listen to it.

I think one issue that people may be wary of is the pressure from the marker doing something to the groove. The record I had signed is fine, though, last I checked.

I got my Off! 7" First EP signed by Keith Morris, only because I idolized him growing up. I don't if that justifies my stupidity or I'm part of the problem lol

dude signed mine too and i didn't even ask him.. totally bummed me out. nice guy though the several times i've met him.

[image]

Also unrelated but I was at the most recent Thrice concert in Atlanta and I saw a kid buy Major/Minor at the merch table and then take it outside to Dustin and have him sign it ON THE WAX. I died a little inside considering it's limited edition first pressing. How hard is it to get the jacket signed... honestly.

I guess this is a thread about people (who hopefully aren't you) doing stupid things with records.

Who cares what he does with the record HE bought.

Who are you to judge what someone else does to bring themselves some happiness.

If you're that concerned with that you really need to get out more often.

Who cares what he does with the record HE bought.

Who are you to judge what someone else does to bring themselves some happiness.

If you're that concerned with that you really need to get out more often.

Sounds like you need to do the same if a message board post gets you this worked up.

I wouldn't want sharpie ink sticking to, or wearing out, my needle.

i mean it was mentioned in the same breath as melting wax to make a candy bowl, so that implies something.

Definitely not a good idea to put candy in one of these bitches. Polyvinyl chloride is full of toxic chemicals that will leach, especially after having been compromised with heat. In fact, the easiest way to make the shit pliable is by adding lead to it. That's why so many toys from China have lead in them. So yeah, unless you want a heavy dose of cadmium, lead, and phthalates, I'd keep the skittles in the damn bag.

I have one record that is signed on the vinyl. I was lazy/careless one time and thought I was playing the unsigned side of the clear, colored vinyl. It made a horrible amount of noise. Any signed area sounded like the record was playing on the platter. I'd have never believed that some signed ones make no difference in the sound.