PO: ETID - Ex-Lives (out 3/6)

Hey guys,

If anyone is going to their show in Brooklyn at Knitting Factory and has an extra ticket, please let me know! Totally forgot to buy tickets for this show and now it's been sold out for awhile. No barriers @ Knitting Factory = chaos! I'll buy you a drink too! Thanks so much:)

ps Anyone remember seeing hardcore shows @ Krome in NJ? I saw ETID/Hot Cross/American Nightmare back in 2002 or 2003. Amazing show.

There's a good chance ill be selling mine, considering I haven't liked anything of theirs past gutter phenomenon. I figured I'd give this one a solid shot though.
Whaa? Their last one was second to Hot Damn! and this one might even top Hot Damn! from what I've been hearing.

I too have enjoyed pretty much everything they've put out, I actually think Gutter Phenomenon is their weakest. No bad but nothing near as great as the others.

GP is their most accessible for non-hardcore fans, in my opinion. It's more like a hard-rock album. It generally bores me. The Big Dirty didn't hold up at all for me.. a few songs are good but most aren't. I can listen to all the others front-to-back whenever I want.

Yeah, that's what I figured which is why I thought I'd mention it. New Junk Aesthetic had to grow on me but Hot Damn!, GP & TBD I liked right away from what I remember.

when you say "VC", are you refering to vinyl collective or some other site? what site?

VC pressed most of the back catalog of ETID before these last 2 albums. Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home. too bad The Virge gave up the site when he bailed on this board. I'm sure pressing info might still be on the Suburban Home site though.

edit: the preorder link still exists.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/tppo-every-time-i-die-hot-damngutter-phenomenon-lps/

love big dirty, hate gutter. there are a couple of songs that i like but for the most part it isnt my thing. that being said, the new song is pretty awesome.

INRIhab is still my favorite song. And NJA won me over because it has Matt from the Bronx on a track.

I've actually been listening straight through all the ETID music lately when I drive. I'm on The Big Dirty now, and it's not as bad as I was saying. It's just not like.. "oh, I need to listen to that album today!" good. We'rewolf is still the jam, though.

I think We'rewolf is the only song I don't like by them.

And if I were to rank the albums

#1. hot damn

#2. last night in town

#3. new junk

#4. big dirty

#5 gutter phenomenon