Discogs

I've searched (not long) for a thread on Discogs.

I'm sure it's legit but before I drop $100+ on my want list, I'd like to hear some good/bad experiences on this site.

If there is a thread on this please refer me to it.

Also, any one want a the Wonder Years / Fallen From The Sky split 7" on blue for free? just pay the shipping I guess. PM me SON!

Here is the other Discogs thread. http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65784

I have had some really good experiences off of there as I have got some really good deals. I got Cursive's The Disruption 7" First Press for $22 which usually goes for a whole lot more than that. I'm sure it is hit or miss. Some people like it, some people don't.

I've learned not to contribute to the database though because of all the nerds that edit every little detail.

I have never seen a higher level of pedantic nitpicking in my entire life.

this.

they get crazy if you try and add a variant without actually holding it in your hand.

I do add stuff all the time though.. not that big of a deal.

Aside from that, to the OP.. I love discogs and have had successful dealings buying and selling.

I have never seen a higher level of pedantic nitpicking in my entire life.

this.

they get crazy if you try and add a variant without actually holding it in your hand.

I do add stuff all the time though.. not that big of a deal.

It does explicitly say that it is "forbidden" (their word, not mine) to add an entry to the database without it in your possession…

I’ve entered 60+ releases (and had my fair share of nitpicking from people who don’t know what they’re talking about) and bought about 15 records. Overall my experiences have been positive.

i love discogs, the records from germany always show up in a much better state than i could expect. cheaper than ebay. never had a bad experience in my 8-10 tries. its a bitch to browse when you find an item you want but realize the shipping is 20Euros for 3-4 albums so you try to look at what else the seller has in stock and theres 12k "rock" albums to browse through

i love discogs, the records from germany always show up in a much better state than i could expect. cheaper than ebay. never had a bad experience in my 8-10 tries. its a bitch to browse when you find an item you want but realize the shipping is 20Euros for 3-4 albums so you try to look at what else the seller has in stock and theres 12k "rock" albums to browse through

Good, I've got 2 coming from Germany as we speak...

Just make sure you're paying attention to the condition of the sleeve/vinyl i have received some really jacked to hell stuff, but only because i wasn't paying attention to the list condition.

I've found that sellers with a high stock tend to grade correctly but if someone has small amount of feedback or items for sale alot of NM were VG.

I've only had one unfortunate experience, the seller was pretty apologetic about it.

I've had two good experiences with Discogs in the last month. Nabbed an OOP copy of Motion City Soundtrack's "Even If It Kills Me" for $6 and found a sealed copy of the Vandals "Look What I Almost Stepped In" for $9.99. Both came in expected condition and I would gladly use that site again were a 'want' to show up for a good price.

I do agree with a previous poster about how it's disappointing to find a record that looks like a good price only to find out it's located in Europe/Asia somewhere with a high shipping price.