I think the only way to go into this or if you are going to collect third man stuff is to expect not to get anything, otherwise you are just going to be disappointed. Knowing I am not going to get anything from my phone and that being my only option has been kind of nice since I just get to watch everything. There is probably a trick to getting through the system quicker which is why some people can get a bunch of stuff and others get none. It is all just collectibles anyways none of these will ever be a chalky played.

no, its nuts i literally have been on the site at all hours that its been up for sale and have been able to buy 0 things and after missing a white stripes split color and a jack white tri, ive had it.

If this stops you from buying from Third Man, you clearly haven't been paying attention.  

Store exclusives where people pay homeless people to line up. Rolling Record Store exclusives that are $30 / record. Stupid novelties like a 3 RPM record.  Impossible to get variants. Show variants. Jack White listing stuff on eBay. The list goes on. 

I think the only way to go into this or if you are going to collect third man stuff is to expect not to get anything, otherwise you are just going to be disappointed. Knowing I am not going to get anything from my phone and that being my only option has been kind of nice since I just get to watch everything. There is probably a trick to getting through the system quicker which is why some people can get a bunch of stuff and others get none. It is all just collectibles anyways none of these will ever be a chalky played.

Pretty much my Third Man approach. Try to get neat shit when I can, don't sweat it too hard. 

Honestly I think the people getting "lucky" are the ones with better internet connections, the distance from server doesn't hurt either. All the things I've missed were because I was refreshing often enough. The one time I sat there and just kept F5ing, I got something,

how about selling more than 5 copies of a record as well

You have to understand why this is though. Most, if not all, of these are limited 150-300, and have been out for over a year or two. I'm sure they aren't just sitting on 50 copies of the Jack White tricolor 7". Then people would be bitching on why they didn't give them all out with the preorder, or why more weren't sold in the store. They have handfuls of these. 

You can't win for losing sometimes.