The fact is, Jack keeps just about every piece of vinyl (save a b-side or two and the vault stuff that's initially available to everyone) in print. The music is always available on high-quality 180 gram vinyl. The colors are rare and it's fun to collect, but the music is still there. Can you imagine if he limited his records to a few thousand? They'd all be worth a ton more. There aren't many labels these days that keep everything in print or a label doing as much to keep vinyl alive as third man.

not that anyone wants to see this thread at the top of the page anymore, but....

I was reading through some comments about the refresh-a-thon on the vault site, because I wanted to hear other people's experiences, complaints, etc and I came across this quote from Ben Swank:

"Now, saying all of that I would again like to state that there will be a Vault member only store in the future where limited items will be sold only to Platinum members. It's a work in progress and it's happening in the coming months."

not sure if this has been posted before but I thought i hadn't heard of it before and thought it was interesting.

I'm confused, people actually play Third Man variant records? I thought they were just for decorative purposes.

i'm almost positive it would use the same plates. But you know what, you can never be too sure. I think I'll wait to open mine till someone can confirm the deadwax etchings. I don't wanna risk getting one that sounds worse compared to the black vinyl.