THRICE-VHEISSU 2xLP repress HOT TOPIC exclusive

travis

These go up Tuesday, right? If anybody in 'murca can get 2 for me, I'd be eternally grateful and again I will offer to help out with any of those Canadian RSD exclusives. By this point I don't expect anybody to be able to get any of the instore copies for me.

yo ill try if im online when they go up. i really want that DFA1979 record too haha.

i get not being into thrice but how is it that you actually HATE them? i can understand people "hating" nickelback or creed but i don't get hating thrice. haha.

My hatred of all things Thrice comes from the first time I heard about Thrice. An, at the time, new coworker and I were talking about music he was into and it lead to one of my all time favorite conversations.

After telling me his favorite band was Thrice, I asked him what kind of music they were. His response was "Hmmph...Thrice is EMO", followed by eyeroll. The he goes on to to explain emo in the most emo way ever. "Do you know what emo stands for? It stands for EEEEMOTTIONN, and that is what I like...emotions." I responded with simply "neat".

I've never had to try so hard to not laugh in someones face. Over the years I've found out that 2 other coworkers a big Thrice fans and are just wierd about their Thrice fanaticism. It's to the point where I wonder if Thrice is a cult. Does Thrice require weekly tithing? To be a fan do you have to pledge your life to the devotion of Dustin Kensrue? Do all fans pray at the alter of the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient Thrice? Do all fans say a daily prayer for today being the day that Thrice Beggars on clear vinyl comes into their lives? (:P )

So the reality of my Thrice "hatred" is that past experiences have made me only be able to see them as a joke. A few of the songs are pretty good, most I very much dislike though.

i get not being into thrice but how is it that you actually HATE them? i can understand people "hating" nickelback or creed but i don't get hating thrice. haha.

My hatred of all things Thrice comes from the first time I heard about Thrice. An, at the time, new coworker and I were talking about music he was into and it lead to one of my all time favorite conversations.

After telling me his favorite band was Thrice, I asked him what kind of music they were. His response was "Hmmph...Thrice is EMO", followed by eyeroll. The he goes on to to explain emo in the most emo way ever. "Do you know what emo stands for? It stands for EEEEMOTTIONN, and that is what I like...emotions." I responded with simply "neat".

I've never had to try so hard to not laugh in someones face. Over the years I've found out that 2 other coworkers a big Thrice fans and are just wierd about their Thrice fanaticism. It's to the point where I wonder if Thrice is a cult. Does Thrice require weekly tithing? To be a fan do you have to pledge your life to the devotion of Dustin Kensrue? Do all fans pray at the alter of the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient Thrice? Do all fans say a daily prayer for today being the day that Thrice Beggars on clear vinyl comes into their lives? (:P )

So the reality of my Thrice "hatred" is that past experiences have made me only be able to see them as a joke. A few of the songs are pretty good, most I very much dislike though.

like it or not thrice is one of the top more mainstream bands of their genre that transcended outside of it but still make legit music of such a variety.

unfortunately you can't say that about manny bands anymore that have had longevity and I reiterate ,do a pretty damn good job at re-inventing themselves to an extent.

it sounds to me like you just hate the band because of other peoples love for them which is silly.

everybody has their favorite band you act like it's god damn skrillex or something.

it's kind of like brand new i'm not that crazy on them although i like all of their material (sans daisy) but i understand why the people that like them do so much. they're one of those bands that matured through music quite well along with a portion of their fanbase.

i litteraly grew up with thrice from iOS up until now thats why i like their music so much

No one ever buys the vinyl at the HT in Albany and these sold out the minute they put them out! I'm pissed, I usually grab everything that goes to that store, guess I've got some competition, bastards! Looks like I'll be pulling an all nighter Monday

how do you know this to be true? i've called and spoken with both josh and christina, both say they know which one i'm talking about, that it's different than TAITA/ "the thrice record from last month" and that they haven't gotten it in yet.

I called them and went there yesterday they said it sold out right after they put it out. I had a feeling they were talking about AITA not Vheissu. Are you in Albany?

yo ill try if im online when they go up. i really want that DFA1979 record too haha.

Just a head's up, a limited quantity of these will be made available online at:

http://www.kt8merch.com/store/pages/16621/_______________Last_Gang_Records_Presents%3A_LIMITED_EDITION_Death_From_Above_1979_-You%27re_A_Woman%2C_I%27m_A_Machine-_Vinyl_-_AVAILABLE_APRIL_21st%2C_2012_-_10AM_.htm

Yeah but why not help someone out in exchange for a record you're going to buy anyways?

how do you know this to be true? i've called and spoken with both josh and christina, both say they know which one i'm talking about, that it's different than TAITA/ "the thrice record from last month" and that they haven't gotten it in yet.

I called them and went there yesterday they said it sold out right after they put it out. I had a feeling they were talking about AITA not Vheissu. Are you in Albany?

yes

So I called the Mill Creek Mall HT this morning. They said they had 3 copies in, I put them on hold because it's about an hour drive from me. I got about 20 minutes down the road and they called to tell me that they were sold due to people pre-ordering them. Has anyone heard of HT doing this?

Nope. The employees decided they were going to buy them themselves. Or something. I don't know.

I figured that's what had happened. I was pissed, time and gas wasted.

ORRR they could have put them on hold for you but didnt have a chance to grab them from the rack where the vinyl is. So in turn before they were able to put them to the side for you someone came in and scooped them up. Once somebody has an item at the counter we as employees can not say "hey you aren't allowed to buy that"

yes

What did they say when you talked to them, I called and the girl was very quick to be like "ohh those sold out as soon as they came in". Then I stopped by and asked if they specifically got Vheissu and she said yes and that they were bought right away. So I was really confused because that HT usually has everything for weeks and weeks, I remember grabbing Cheshire, Box Car, and a few others that were "hot commodities" on here (vc) and then seeing them for months after so I figured no one around Albany is really interested in collecting or at least HT presses. Sounds dumb, I know but after seeing Cheshire and Box Car sit on their shelf for so long it just seemed like no one was interested.

I understand that, good point... But why couldn't they of said that, instead of the pre-order thing?

idk maybe they didnt wanna seem rude or something idk

id prefer honestly, always, cause lying is 100x more rude then shitty news.

also, how long do you wait before you actually put an item on hold after hanging up with a customer that you just told you put it on hold for? like...it cant be more than 1-2 minutes and the chances of all three copies being sold in such a small window are slim....unless you wait like an hour or two or just forget to completely cause you got sidetracked or something......serious question, im genuinely curious.