First smart phone

tylerrr

Android or iOS?

Android

Productivity: ADW EX(a far superior launcher than using the stock one), Tweetdeck(allows you to use Twitter/Facebook in 1 convenient app), Dolphin Browser HD (set it to desktop mode, mobilized sites suck), WidgetLocker (you can add widgets/customize your locksreen), arcMedia (like VLC player for Android), Revision3(independent internet TV), Circle Launcher (let's you put multiple apps into 1 sleek button icon instead of having apps thrown all over your homescreen), BeyondPod (best podcatcher), Google Music (save some space on your SD card by upping your music to the cloud), and Green Power Premium (saves you a lot of battery juice because it kicks off your 3G connection when your phone is on standby. You'll still receive calls/texts because those services don't require 3G), GO SMS Pro or Handscent (great replacements to the stock messenger app).

Games: Sentinel3, Words With Friends, Hanging With Friends, Airport Mania 2, Train Conductor 2, Run Run Bear, Dragon Fly!, Yoo Ninja, Missle Defender, SketchIt

Also be sure to install the Amazon App Store. They give out a free paid app every day.

Some other utilities that come in handy are TinyURL, PicSay, Camera360, Friendcaster, QuickPic, Clipper, SwitchPro Widget, Smart Keyboard or Swiftkey, and LogMeIn.

If you root/ROM your device than we can get into the nitty gritty.

I like to nerd out on the Android OS. There's some neat tricks and mods you can do to make your data speeds faster, phone faster, look cooler, save battery life, ext.

[image]

Thanks for all the recommendations, dudes! I'm just wondering is the proboards app worth it? I don't see myself paying for it, but I'm just curious if it makes much of a difference.

You can find it for free if you Google 'proboards .apk' but honestly I think it's crap. It's super annoying to navigate to boards and is overall very sloppy. I just use Dolphin Browser HD in desktop mode to browse VC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

RESURRECTING THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!

it's a year since this thread originated. be my tour guide into the world of smartphones??

i got an iphone 4s.

what apps should i get and which one is the best to send dick pix with?

Speaking of dick pix, I think every time a noob comes in and posts a for sale thread that includes their phone number, we all should just send them a picture of our genitals.