SXSW 2012

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find the lovitt showcase. that's gonna be awesome.

• Sleepytime Trio (Richmond, VA) Lovitt Records

• Narrows (World!) DeathWish Records (members of Botch, Nineironspitfire, Unbroken)

• Regents (DC, Philadelphia, PA) Lovitt Records (members of Frodus, Sleepytime Trio,

Thursday)

• Redgrave (Chicago, IL) Lovitt Records (members of Pinebender, Denali)

• Soccer Team (Lovitt Records/Dischord Records)

• Edie Sedgwick (Dischord Records)

• Beasts of No Nation (members of Darkest Hour)

• DJ sets by Bob Nanna and Chris Broach from Braid

i could have sworn pinebender and cursive were playing too.

Stage One

(times are approximate)

11:45 - Edie Sedgwick

12:15 - The Medications

12:50 - Quieting Syrup

1:20 - Tight Phantomz

1:55 - Pygmy Lush

2:40 - Auxes

3:25 – Ben Davis & The Jett$

4:10 - Des Ark

5:00 - Milemarker

Stage Two

(times are approximate)

11:30 - Head of Skulls!

12:00 - The Poison Arrows

12:35 - Young Widows

1:15 - The Life and Times

1:50 – Pinebender

2:45 - Silver Scooter

3:40 - The Van Pelt

4:35 - Frodus

5:15 - Cursive

DJ sets by Team Fabrication and Neil O'Brien from The Van Pelt.

There will be a suggested donation of $10 at the door. SXSW badges will not get you in. If you want to be on the paid reserve list, you can go ahead and pay pal $10 to: [email protected]. Those who do this will get a show poster and some other goodies. Get there early!

Stage One

(times are approximate)

Stage Two

(times are approximate)

There will be a suggested donation of $10 at the door. SXSW badges will not get you in. If you want to be on the paid reserve list, you can go ahead and pay pal $10 to: [email protected]. Those who do this will get a show poster and some other goodies. Get there early!

wait i'm confused. i looked this up and it was from 2009...

Stage One

(times are approximate)

Stage Two

(times are approximate)

wait i'm confused. i looked this up and it was from 2009...

i just found it on the lovitt site? maybe it's old? i have also a promo sheet for another show they are doing, where half these bands arent playing. so maybe i have it wrong>?

every year sxsw gets even more boring (mainly because it's bands i've already seen or don't want to see).. well there is one show i'm gonna go see, hopefully i can get comped a badge this year as that might be the only way to get in. if so it's a musician i can scratch off my bucket list.

• 3 weeks later...

03/06/2012

The past two years (since we started Third Man Records) we’ve tried to do something extraordinary for Austin TX’s South By Southwest festival. Year One we took over part of our favorite Austin restaurant, FRANK, and brought you Texas Sized vinyl (that’s 13” LPs and 8” 45s) and a one of a kind pop up shop. Year Two we introduced our Rolling Record Store with live performances from Jack White and Seasick Steve.

This year we thought we’d try and do something we’ve never done before at SXSW. A showcase. Yes, we resisted it the first two years, but this year the temptation was just TOO strong. So without any further ado, it is our extreme pleasure to announce The Third Man Records Texas Show Down at The Stage in Austin, TX on March 16th. Featuring your favorite Third Man acts, friends of the label, and bands we just frankly really like that we’d love you to check out.

Our friends over at Nasty Little Man and From The Basement helped us put this whole thing together, and for that we thank them.

The Rolling Record store will also be in Austin again this year; dealing out records, exclusive goods and some brand new SXSW-only Rolling Record Store merchandise. Check the Rolling Record Store twitter account for locations as we move around the city throughout the festival. It’s first appearance will be Wed the 14th.

Third Man Records at SXSW

Texas Showdown

The Stage on 6th

Friday, March 16th First band on at 7:30

Featuring these Third Man recording artists:

JACK WHITE

KAREN ELSON

JOHN REILLY & FRIENDS (FEATURING BECKY STARK & TOM BROSSEAU)

THE BLACK BELLES

PUJOL

LANIE LANE

[image]

I am going down, but I need a place to stay. Anyone have a place I can crash? I will give you records and whiskey.

i would, but i'm actually crashing at a friends place right now. the chances of getting a hotel/motel are gonna be expensive unless you get something out of the general vicinity. and by vicinity, i mean austin proper. buda or roundrock are decent as far as rooms go. anything in the city limits is gonna be overpriced or nowhere near downtown at this point.

Yeah the cost of hotels is really prohibitive, although I stayed in the Austin/Airport area designation, and they had a pretty good shuttle service running during the fest. But it wasn't convenient for say, raiding Flatstock and carting shit around.

That said SXSW '10 was the best time I've ever had, and I love and miss Austin and can't wait until I can actually afford the time off work and the trip to do it again.

well. if you want to meet up. i can show you all the good spots. and it's about a 10 minute walk to where everything is. don't dare try to park anywhere east of congress. you'll be fucked trying to get out at any time after the day parties start. trust me. birdwell and i had to wait an hour in the parking lot just to leave and it was only 3pm. don't make the same mistake we did.

alan, amber and I parked at a parking spot about 8 blocks west of congress around 4th and we were able to get out of downtown within minutes and away from every drunkard on the highway. just let me know.