Virgin Bar Drinks

So with all the threads about various types of alcohol, I'd figured I should gauge what other straight edge and alcohol free people drink at bars. I was at a wedding last week with an open bar and I stuck with what I know and got "Cherry Coke" (Coke and Grenadine.) Any other suggestions?

A friend of mine dated this enormous turd in college who would always order at restaurants saying shit like, "I'll take a jack and coke... hold the jack." He thought it was hilarious, and he also thought Borat was hilarious. I only had to hang with him maybe 5 times, but I'm pretty sure he made me watch Borat with him at least twice.

So not a new drink suggestion but, I dunno, maybe try that.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':73d5ez1p]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':73d5ez1p]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

A friend of mine dated this enormous turd in college who would always order at restaurants saying shit like, "I'll take a jack and coke... hold the jack." He thought it was hilarious, and he also thought Borat was hilarious. I only had to hang with him maybe 5 times, but I'm pretty sure he made me watch Borat with him at least twice.

So not a new drink suggestion but, I dunno, maybe try that.

i can understand why you dislike the tool bag comments at restaurants, but the hate for borat? maybe you hate for this dude blinded your judgment.

Shirley Temples are good, just wished they had a different name. A lot of people don't even know who she is.

whenever i shoot weddings and there's an open bar, i order shirley temples. so good.

if you order a roy rogers, that's a coke with grenadine (i.e. cherry coke).

You can always ask for fruit punch. A decent bartender will make it with orange/cranberry/pineapple juice, grenadine, splash of soda and whatever you want in it and not be a lazy bum just because you didn't order alcohol. Or you can get a virgin long island I suppose, just coke and sour mix. Wicked sweet, but it's something different at least. Virgin bloody mary if you like tomato juice. Again, a good bartender should make this properly still (pepper, worcestershire, etc) and not be a jerk because it's virgin. As a bartender I will gladly make any of these drinks, however, I have served people who don't drink that order these mostly because they look like cocktails. I don't get that. I suppose it's because there are a lot of insensitive people who find it appropriate to call others out on not drinking.

why would someone that's straight edge hang out at a bar?

There are other people besides straight edge people that occasionally visit a bar or two and would like to order something more than a Coke. I don't hang out at bars but when I played in a band I used to get drink tickets at every bar I played but never knew what to order.