Jack White Tri-Color

otto802

Haha. Good times.

It was... there was a dude who'd drive down early... pay 10-25 homeless dudes to stand in line with the 10 bucks a piece plus some cash for themselves when the record was delivered while he parked in the art store parking lot across the street and slept in his escalade. The day Jack got sick of it was the day TMR ebayed WS split copies, and jacked the copies up to $50 instore day of sale.

Maybe if all those hobos weren't hanging around TMR in the first place, he wouldn't have been tempted.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't bother showing up to reckless in chicago. like i said, they only had 6.

Yup, and my fiancee's girlfriend and her boyfriend each got one. There were six people in line at around 9 a.m., so Reckless just let them in early to buy the records.

Congrats on them getting 2, let us know when 1 of them hits Ebay, so those of us who live nowhere near any of the stores that got a Tri-Color can bid on it..

On a side note, if Reckless on had 6 for sale and received 30, I hope their stores burn down, because karma needs to kick their ass. I guess Greed rules the day anymore when it comes to one off items like this.

I know when Guestroom Records in Oklahoma got the Wanda Tri-colors, they didn't horde them.

The amount of passive aggressive comments have gone up so much in the past 12 months. There's no need to attack Scott. What if his lady wanted one for herself and they don't have a proper split record shelf?

Which brings up a more interesting topic; how long do you wait till you and your partner share an expedit?

Yup, and my fiancee's girlfriend and her boyfriend each got one. There were six people in line at around 9 a.m., so Reckless just let them in early to buy the records.

Congrats on them getting 2, let us know when 1 of them hits Ebay, so those of us who live nowhere near any of the stores that got a Tri-Color can bid on it..

On a side note, if Reckless on had 6 for sale and received 30, I hope their stores burn down, because karma needs to kick their ass. I guess Greed rules the day anymore when it comes to one off items like this.

I know when Guestroom Records in Oklahoma got the Wanda Tri-colors, they didn't horde them.

At least they will give you the opportunity to bid on one. Because that is the only way you'll ever have the chance to own it otherwise...

don't bother showing up to reckless in chicago. like i said, they only had 6.

i got there at 7, i was the only one there so i waited in my car, those two got there around 8:20 so i got in line with them. another guy came around 8:40 and another around 9. they let us in at 9:20. i asked the guy how many they ended up getting, he said 6. i said "wow, you guys got screwed. the other stores got about 30 each." he gave me a pretty disgusted look. as i was walking out, a kid knocked on the door, and a store clerk said "that's your 6!" and let em in. as i got in my car, a few kids were lining up. that totally sucks, but it doesn't sound as bad as nashville.

i guess people were pulling up a few hours beforehand and they decided there was already no way there were less than 100 people.

im assuming by the sound of it, Reckless sent 6 to each of their 5 stores maybe?

nope. 6 at milwaukee, that's it.

FYI, I wasn't too interested in waiting for one, but that's BS that they're even allowed to horde 24 of those copies for their staff. That's exactly what TMR doesn't want to happen I have to believe. Somebody should report them so TMR makes sure the same mistake doesn't happen with Reckless again.

i actually emailed ben swank. but either a) he won't read it B) he won't care or c) reckless will never get any special TMR records again. all of those options suck.

if we see any tri colors on ebay shipping from chicago, it'll either be one particular person i was in line with, one of scott's friends, or reckless (or reckless employee). if there's more than one or two, than definitely. i promise you won't see mine on ebay. the only thing i'd be willing to trade it for is a triple decker or the inevitable split color jack white LP if i can't get one at TMR on RSD.

The amount of passive aggressive comments have gone up so much in the past 12 months. There's no need to attack Scott. What if his lady wanted one for herself and they don't have a proper split record shelf?

Which brings up a more interesting topic; how long do you wait till you and your partner share an expedit?

If my post was taken as an attack against Scott's friends, then I apologize. Today just sucks for single people. Plus, I've never been able to find a girl to share in my vinyl collection passion.

When I mention that I collect records to women, I might as well throw in comics, video games and stamps based on some of the puzzled looks I get. Yet, in the past, if I dare say anything about the amount of shoes and/or purses she has, I'm an ass? Funny how things work.

Again, I wasn't really mad at Scott's friends, but rather Reckless, who basically screwed the public out of the ability to get these singles.

Wonder if the same situation happened at Newbury.

What is up with the first two people charging so much for shipping? Even for priority, that is ridiculous.

The cost for priority has gone way up recently.

Really? That sucks!

Be advised that if you split an expedit, there will be a lot of pressure to keep some shelves open for nick nacks.

This made me laugh so hard. I don't have an expedit, but I have the shelf that is basically an expedit from Target. I need to go get another one, because lately I have been spilling over into the cubby where her aloe plant rests.

I never thought this is how life would be at 26 years old.