Tomahawk Vinyl Box Set - RSD 2012

archiced

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I was really thinking of making this thread but figured I'd get crucified because its already in that RSD 2012 thread. That said, I fully support a separate thread. I've been jizzing for the past hour since I read this on facebook.

Words cannot express how grateful and excited I am that this is happening.

i want this, but ew toward RSD

I have a really good feeling that this will be pressed in numbers that will far exceed just RSD. I don't believe it will be scarce. The best thing on our side is that Ipecac is not a major label and that Tomahawk are almost the underdog of its roster. I'm also quite confident that the price will not be pure murder due to the fact that its Ipecac.

I just hope this is available online so international folk have a chance to get one! I NEED this set so bad. If it isn't I hope someone can help me out :)

I have a feeling they're only using the RSD thing to help get the word out about the release. I'm certain this will be available via other outlets well after RSD is over. They're a logical label and if they do sell out on RSD (not bloody likely) I'm confident they'll run off more copies to meet the demand. To reiterate though, I don't think Tomahawk are big enough to manage a box set sell out through RSD alone.

Anyone else thinking a boxset that leaves room for an as-yet unreleased 4th album is asking for nasty damage in shipping? Hopefully they account for the space.

I thought of this also. Perhaps they'll insert a piece of cardboard or some other placeholder. I'm sure this occurred to them but you never know.

You're crazy because S/T is easily the best one. :)

Mit Gas is great for the songs it has but it feels incomplete. It just kind of falls apart at the end with little to make me actually want to keep listening after "Harelip" ends. Still, those 9 tracks are more than enough to make the album excellent.

Ok, nerd-out time: Gatefolds would be sweet with full CD album art recreation.