MXPX "Plans Within Plans" Vinyl!

"As a college sophomore in 1995 studying broadcasting I did a video interview and feature piece about a local skateboarder for the final of one of my video editing courses. Before the widespread use of computers for video editing, I sat for hours editing VHS tape reels on old school editing stations. For this particular project I used a track called "Doing Time" from the MxPx ( http://www.mxpx.com/ )record Life in General, largely known for the band's breakout song "Chick Magnet". Keep in mind, this was all before Jump Start had even released our first record. Fast forward 17 years, and I'm really excited to announce that on April 3, 2012, Jump Start will be releasing the vinyl LP version of MxPx's ninth full length record entitled Plans Within Plans. The first pressing of 2000 will be pressed on black (1000), translucent gold (500), translucent blue(300), and randomly mixed colored vinyl (200). The translucent gold will be exclusive to our mailorder and distribution while the randomly mixed colored vinyl will be exclusive to the band. I literally approved the proofs with the printers today and the lacquers for the record are being cut as I type! STOKED.

We're working on some awesome package deals for you guys and we can't wait to get this record into your hands. We're looking to launch our pre-order with limited items and awesome combo deals on March 5th! The CD and digital version of Plans Within Plans is being handled by the bands own imprint, Rock City Recordings, and as soon as we have details from them regarding their pre-sale we'll forward them along to you as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1995, the first punk CD I bought was "Teenage Politics" by MXPX. I've been a fan, albeit a disappointed fan for the past six or seven years, but a fan ever since. I will buy this. It will have at the minimum two or three good songs and I'll just reminiscence about being in high school listening to LIG and SGTWTB.

Does the most limited vinyl "exclusive to the band" mean they'll sell them on their website or tour?

MxPx will always have a special place in my heart as they were the first band I ever saw live in 1998 when they were on tour with Blink.

Same. I got a free ticket to the show when I bought a pair of shoes at a skate shop in Reno way back when I was in eighth grade. It was awesome.

Fast forward to when I saw Tumbledown last week and talked to Mike about that tour. Full circle. Oh memories.

"As a college sophomore in 1995 studying broadcasting I did a video interview and feature piece about a local skateboarder for the final of one of my video editing courses. Before the widespread use of computers for video editing, I sat for hours editing VHS tape reels on old school editing stations. For this particular project I used a track called "Doing Time" from the MxPx ( http://www.mxpx.com/ )record Life in General, largely known for the band's breakout song "Chick Magnet". Keep in mind, this was all before Jump Start had even released our first record. Fast forward 17 years, and I'm really excited to announce that on April 3, 2012, Jump Start will be releasing the vinyl LP version of MxPx's ninth full length record entitled Plans Within Plans. The first pressing of 2000 will be pressed on black (1000), translucent gold (500), translucent blue(300), and randomly mixed colored vinyl (200). The translucent gold will be exclusive to our mailorder and distribution while the randomly mixed colored vinyl will be exclusive to the band. I literally approved the proofs with the printers today and the lacquers for the record are being cut as I type! STOKED.

We're working on some awesome package deals for you guys and we can't wait to get this record into your hands. We're looking to launch our pre-order with limited items and awesome combo deals on March 5th! The CD and digital version of Plans Within Plans is being handled by the bands own imprint, Rock City Recordings, and as soon as we have details from them regarding their pre-sale we'll forward them along to you as well.

Pretty stoked for this. Yay, more variants to collect.. haha

Will it be mxpx allstars or the actual mxpx?

It's the full original lineup (Mike, Tom, Yuri) for the new record. Though, touring for this record, may not be.

In 1995, the first punk CD I bought was "Teenage Politics" by MXPX. I've been a fan, albeit a disappointed fan for the past six or seven years, but a fan ever since. I will buy this. It will have at the minimum two or three good songs and I'll just reminiscence about being in high school listening to LIG and SGTWTB.

Does the most limited vinyl "exclusive to the band" mean they'll sell them on their website or tour?

i'm pretty sure it'll be available on their webstore, and most likely they'll bring copies on the road with them as well.

touring will be the mxpx all-stars. i think yuri is pretty much out for any touring outside of one-off shows because of family obligations, and tom right now is working in japan so i don't know if and when all three will be on the road together again. all three recorded the new record, and it sounds awesome. the first five song are all under two and half minutes long and are fast as fuck. on a side note, stephen egerton from the descendents mixed 'plans within plans', and it sounds great.

touring will be the mxpx all-stars. i think yuri is pretty much out for any touring outside of one-off shows because of family obligations, and tom right now is working in japan so i don't know if and when all three will be on the road together again. all three recorded the new record, and it sounds awesome. the first five song are all under two and half minutes long and are fast as fuck. on a side note, stephen egerton from the descendents mixed 'plans within plans', and it sounds great.

This is really awesome to hear. Looking forward to buying this on vinyl!

the first five song are all under two and half minutes long and are fast as fuck. on a side note, stephen egerton from the descendents mixed 'plans within plans', and it sounds great.

ooooh. this got me more excited. I really hope it's a good record! I wish they put a song up soonish.

Alright, listened to it again. The songs sound good, but there's nothing slow, there seems like no variation whatsoever. MXPX is a pop punk band, sure but their albums had songs at different tempos, and I don't know. I thought "Secret Weapon" showed that they could really play their instruments after being in a band for nearly 20 years.

I'm glad they still record but this isn't getting me excited yet.

The "mixed color vinyl" has always baffled me...I once ordered a "mixed color" record and it came as a marble purple record. I assumed since it was a mixed color pressing that there would be more colors but I e-mailed the store and all they had was the purple marble color.

Will the mixed color vinyl of this be multiple colors (i.e. a rainbow of colors) or the same color/variant for all of them? Maybe I'm just not understanding the concept of mixed color vinyl...if so, feel free to correct me.