Mondo Prints

okokkok.jpg

See that shading? How do you possibly leave that red in there? On a $75 print?

Yikes! Only print I debated getting today was the Rear Window variant. Couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger. Need to start saving money for a Drive Cityscape regular because its become a pathetic obsession of mine lately.

They're already printed. All the releases today were leftovers from Wondercon. Theres no way that variant really has that red on the cuff, right?

It seriously looks like he did the coloring using the paint bucket on Photoshop, in this case I am defiantly not a fan of this artist. I just want to know why he used such a disgusting color red, and then on top of that not add any texture to it.

It seriously looks like he did the coloring using the paint bucket on Photoshop, in this case I am defiantly not a fan of this artist. I just want to know why he used such a disgusting color red, and then on top of that not add any texture to it.

Love the movie, didnt care for the print. Scarface was written in Sandals (the hotel resort) font, haha

Can someone also explain why I would pay $85 + shipping for those Adventure Time 8-Bit sets? It's taking a good image, making it pixelated, and then printing it with high quality technology. Seems like a gimmick.

It's designing the characters in an 8-bit pixel style then those designs being burned onto screens and then all of them being screen printed. Not some magic technology. The price isn't too terribly off as high as it is. They're 24"x24" each, a typical 18"x24" print can run you from $20-$40 depending on artist, subject, complexity, etc...

Regardless, we both agree that those aren't really worth the asking price, others too apparently since they've been there for months.

They're already printed. All the releases today were leftovers from Wondercon. Theres no way that variant really has that red on the cuff, right?

Duh.  Completely forget it said that in the email, haha.  But yeah... I'm guessing there will be a little bit of backlash if it does really have the red on it.  Either on the artist for being so stupid, or Mondo for letting it get through.