Midtown Records getting pressed? - enjoytheride

While searching for some info on a possible vinyl pressing of Acceptance - Phantoms, i came across this:

I would be more interested in that midtown album but i would probably buy acceptance

me too and dont worry, been working on those for a long time. Rob seems to finally be giving in and realizing a reunion doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon. He told me to email him again in january to start working up a plan to re-issue these. Hope he doesn't change his mind but hes been really nice and actually flattered ive been so pro active in pressing these so hopefully 2012 we will finally have some midtown lp's on vinyl!

@enjoytheride - i believe you were referencing this past january... did you ever have any luck? i would be thrilled to see some midtown see the wax treatment.

sorry to call you out like this, hopefully its taken the right way (excitement) ;D

One album was going to happen and tests we're even made but then Richard @ Drive Thru decided at keep the release so it's not happening at least as of now

I read a post about this on absolutepunk.net but it's from 2010. Since enjoytheride's comment came later, I figured maybe he uncovered some new possibilities?

One album was going to happen and tests we're even made but then Richard @ Drive Thru decided at keep the release so it's not happening at least as of now

I read a post about this on absolutepunk.net but it's from 2010. Since enjoytheride's comment came later, I figured maybe he uncovered some new possibilities?

dtr knows there is demand out there for this and he has no plan to license out any more releases to anyone. He said he will most likely press some more stuff in the future but ill believe it when it happens

I also talked to rob from midtown about licensing the two major label releases and working together on them via isurrender/enjoytheride but he keeps changing his mind every other time i talk to him. He said, they plan to press the albums themselves once the band decides to do a reunion but i wouldn't hold my breath on that happening anytime soon either. midtown was one of my favorite bands back in high school so I have done literally all I can to try and get something pressed but the powers that be arent into it right now

I do have two of the test pressings though of save the world and its one of my prized possessions since the record will never be made. Richard has one, patrick has one and rob from midtown has the other.

man, fuck dtr and rich/stef reines. that was my favorite label 10 years ago and what a pile of shit it is now. so many people would buy that entire catalog in a heartbeat. you'd think they'd smell the $$$ and just do it.

sigh.

edit: @enjoytheride...i'd buy Acceptance - Phantoms immediately if you pressed it...

man, fuck dtr and rich/stef reines. that was my favorite label 10 years ago and what a pile of shit it is now. so many people would buy that entire catalog in a heartbeat. you'd think they'd smell the $$$ and just do it.

sigh.

edit: @enjoytheride...i'd buy Acceptance - Phantoms immediately if you pressed it...

yea, it sucks what became of dtr based on what they had going for them in the early 2000s. At the end of the day, its their releases and im just glad they allowed me to press anything in the first place and the fact they discovered and invested in all these great band in the first place. I just hope one day they change their mind and either allow us to license some more stuff from them or just to do it themselves. The world need to have "what it is to burn" on vinyl! Both a repress of the album and a pressing of the title track for the first time, i cant believe they left that song off the original pressing

In regards to acceptance, one of my favorite albums of the 2000's and I was actually interning at sony when the record was released. They had no idea what they were doing with that band and i used to go on about how they could be huge if they actually marketed them right. I would love to press this but unfortunately major labels have minimum amount and they are way too high for the demand that exists for the album on vinyl in my opinion. I tried to get in touch with their first label to release some of the older material in a small run so at least big acceptance fans have something out there on vinyl but i never got a response.

sigh.

I agree with this 100%. Drive thru records stage at warped tour 2003 is one of my favorite memories of any concert I've been to.

sigh.

yea, it sucks what became of dtr based on what they had going for them in the early 2000s. At the end of the day, its their releases and im just glad they allowed me to press anything in the first place and the fact they discovered and invested in all these great band in the first place. I just hope one day they change their mind and either allow us to license some more stuff from them or just to do it themselves. The world need to have "what it is to burn" on vinyl! Both a repress of the album and a pressing of the title track for the first time, i cant believe they left that song off the original pressing

In regards to acceptance, one of my favorite albums of the 2000's and I was actually interning at sony when the record was released. They had no idea what they were doing with that band and i used to go on about how they could be huge if they actually marketed them right. I would love to press this but unfortunately major labels have minimum amount and they are way too high for the demand that exists for the album on vinyl in my opinion. I tried to get in touch with their first label to release some of the older material in a small run so at least big acceptance fans have something out there on vinyl but i never got a response.

you are far more diplomatic (read: no swearing) than i am about this, haha. but you do make a good point. also, today i learned that the best song on WIITB wasn't even pressed. the fuck?

that is a huge bummer about acceptance, too. another reason i should hate all the majors? possibly...

DTR has been bad for so long. i've spoken with gabe on a few occasions and the things he's told me were appalling. rich's refusal to assist monetarily when the band's van blew up then spending thousands at the disney store with stephanie. them not letting finch release WIITB for 3 years after it was recorded because it "wasn't their time yet" but not letting them release it elsewhere or buy off. what they did to i am the avalanche because vinnie was the frontman of the movielife (again not letting them release but not letting them go - which is why avalanche united took what 6 years??). fuck that label, 100% completely.

as for midtown, well that's a bummer too. i'd like nothing more than to see a reunion but i guess whatever gabe is doing now kinda precludes them from doing anything. or maybe they just don't wanna. who knows. bummer bummer bummer.

Midtown is my favorite band of that era as well. I can still remember seeing them open for Goldfinger and immediately buying Save the World, Lose the Girl from them.

The best show I ever saw them play was a headlining gig at a tiny place in Cincinnati after Forget what you Know came out. They played a ton of requests and were just goofing around with the crowd the whole night. My wife liked them enough that (she's never been a fan of much of the music I like, so this was a surprise) she went to the merch table and bought a shirt. She came back and asked me "Why did that guy just write on my shirt?" I looked at the table and told her "that guy is Gabe, the lead singer." He wrote "I love Gabe!" on it.

It still irritates me every time I see Cobra Starship on something. Such awful, awful music.

I would like to have "Save The World, Lose The Girl" on vinyl.

I would buy that album in a heartbeat. Definitely in my top 5 pop punk albums. I saw them live @ Club Laga in Pittsburgh shortly after that album was released and it was probably one of the better shows I've been to in my entire life. They played every song they ever wrote and at the end of the set apologized because they had to stop playing because... well they didn't have any more songs to play.

Midtown is my favorite band of that era as well. I can still remember seeing them open for Goldfinger and immediately buying Save the World, Lose the Girl from them.

The best show I ever saw them play was a headlining gig at a tiny place in Cincinnati after Forget what you Know came out. They played a ton of requests and were just goofing around with the crowd the whole night. My wife liked them enough that (she's never been a fan of much of the music I like, so this was a surprise) she went to the merch table and bought a shirt. She came back and asked me "Why did that guy just write on my shirt?" I looked at the table and told her "that guy is Gabe, the lead singer." He wrote "I love Gabe!" on it.

It still irritates me every time I see Cobra Starship on something. Such awful, awful music.

My wife's getting tired of me commenting about how I miss Midtown each time I hear one of those horrible Cobra Starship songs...agree so much with you.

I would like to have "Save The World, Lose The Girl" on vinyl.

I would buy that album in a heartbeat. Definitely in my top 5 pop punk albums. I saw them live @ Club Laga in Pittsburgh shortly after that album was released and it was probably one of the better shows I've been to in my entire life. They played every song they ever wrote and at the end of the set apologized because they had to stop playing because... well they didn't have any more songs to play.

Not only do i miss midtown, I miss the hell out of Club Laga. That place was phenomenal for shows.

I would love to have any midtown record be pressed.