new guy on the board

Hey, I've been collecting records for a while and it seems like you guys have a great community going here, besides the bitterness in the actual

'buying selling' forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kyle, I'm from Chicago, I go to a lot of shows and spend almost all my wages on records. So...hopefully this board will help me find stuff for my collection or make my eBay sales go up when I need to pay my car insurance :-/

-Take care

nice user name ! is it in reference to the salinger story ?

Yeah, nice catch. I finished a Salinger Biography the other day before I made this account so it was on the mind. Also one of my favorite short stories. You a fan?

I guess since I'm now on infamous post #2 I'll introduce myself as well. I've read this board for about a while, but just decided to sign up and talk back. Been collecting records since for about 8 years and moved out to LA a few months ago. The last record I bought was Why? - Eskimo Snow.

-drew

The #1 thing I've learned while here is that VC loves flippers.

I'd actually argue that flippers love VC. It rattles my brain to see how many limited, hush-hush Hot Topic represses get thrown onto eBay within 24 hours of sale. To leaf through countless listings and think that all those assholes are monitoring VC for specific dates and times... it's crazy.

nice user name ! is it in reference to the salinger story ?

Yeah, nice catch. I finished a Salinger Biography the other day before I made this account so it was on the mind. Also one of my favorite short stories. You a fan?

I guess since I'm now on infamous post #2 I'll introduce myself as well. I've read this board for about a while, but just decided to sign up and talk back. Been collecting records since for about 8 years and moved out to LA a few months ago. The last record I bought was Why? - Eskimo Snow.

-drew

yeah i envy salinger's writing, did you read the bio by ken slawenski ? supposedly his family now has control over all of his unreleased material and there is copious amouts of writing only waiting to be released at some point. I had no idea how hard it was to find info on him until i started researching it more dude lived to true to being a hermit haha.

-drew

yeah i envy salinger's writing, did you read the bio by ken slawenski ? supposedly his family now has control over all of his unreleased material and there is copious amouts of writing only waiting to be released at some point. I had no idea how hard it was to find info on him until i started researching it more dude lived to true to being a hermit haha.

For real? That's kind of exciting, but also kind of sad. It blows my mind that Salinger only has 3 slots on my shelves, but apparently that's the way he wanted it, you know?

Bananafish was good, but have you ever read "The Heart of a Broken Story"? That short blew my mind. It's when I truly fell in love with that dude.

Then I started finding all dudes attractive...

Now my mother doesn't love me anymore...

yeah I think thats one of the things I really respect about him he literally went into hibernation at one point. you might find one or two old ass ancient interviews on youtube after that point he just started writing for himself. I've never read the heart of a broken story is that a short story in a magazine ? someone started bootlegging 22 stories which is a collection of all his magazine stories although expensive it's MUCH more affordable now it was reaching a few hundred a copy. still too much for me though some dude is selling them on ebay for 50 bucks at some point i might say fuck it & buy one.

just to give you an idea how much salinger kept out of the spotlight this was the FIRST picture to surface of him in something like 30 years.

[image]

Salinger is my favorite author. Totally respect the man and his work. Glad there are other fans of his, as well. Any of you guys read the short stories that became "Catcher in the Rye?" One is called "i'm Crazy" and there is another one that is called "Slight Rebellion Off Madison."

Hey, I've been collecting records for a while and it seems like you guys have a great community going here, besides the bitterness in the actual

'buying selling' forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kyle, I'm from Chicago, I go to a lot of shows and spend almost all my wages on records. So...hopefully this board will help me find stuff for my collection or make my eBay sales go up when I need to pay my car insurance :-/

-Take care

Welcome

Just noticed the 'introduce yourself thread' sorry for creating my own.

Love the Salinger talk, my username is in reference to not only Salinger but a Lawrence Arms song as well.

I was wondering, a lot of price talk only happens in private messages, are the prices on here fair or just as outrageous as ebay?

I saw a couple price guide websites someone posted the other day and if those prices were accurate I don't think I'm going to be buying many records from people on here. Thanks for the warm welcome.