KONY 2012

i think i'm moreso baffled than anything that the vast majority of people are totally outraged yet had absolutely no idea that this sort of stuff was happening. am i just...really educated?

you mean to tell me that these ding dongs really didn't know that people were being murdered, raped, tortured and recruited as child soldiers by the thousands?

i think i'm moreso baffled than anything that the vast majority of people are totally outraged yet had absolutely no idea that this sort of stuff was happening. am i just...really educated?

you mean to tell me that these ding dongs really didn't know that people were being murdered, raped, tortured and recruited as child soldiers by the thousands?

Of course they didn't know. If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me if Vermont was in Canada, I'd have a lot of dollars. And that is our own country!

Generally, people don't know shit.

LOL, so true. So many people being swayed to one extreme side on this issue is actually kind of scary.

I strongly agree with this, although I also feel it can go both ways. Maybe this will make people realize they can stand up for what they believe in, but at the same time this was all over a targeted video. I still support IC, but that is because the video got me thinking and doing my own research, not because its turned into a fad.

This video over simplifies a very complicated situation.

This. Seriously, it's made pretty much everyone on my Facebook friend's list think they're saving the world by sharing a link to a 'cover the night' April 20th event. I'll be interested to know how many of them even turn up to one!

[image]

So here's a bit of interesting info...I went to see Henry Rollins do his spoken words thing tonight...and he mentioned the Kony2012 video and the campaign...he didn't have a solid opinion of it as he's not well-read into the Invisible Children organization.

BUT...Rollins did say this much...the bit on the video with Shepard Fairey was lifted from an episode of Rollins' show he had on IFC...without anyone's permission! It seems that the Invisible Children dude did not get the OK from anyone...Fairey's people nor Henry's nor IFC...to use the footage.

May be not a huge deal...but kinda adds to the somewhat shadiness of it all.

And I tweeted this earlier...but I wonder it Trent Reznor knows and even gave any type of OK for the use of the Ghosts I-IV track that is used in the opening and closing of the Kony video.

after being so attached to Invisible Children for the past 8 years or so i will not lie over the past couple of days with all the backlash coming around i did have to take a step back and ask myself "what have i been supporting". most of you know that i (robbed.the.bank RECORDS) put together a benefit record, have had a couple of screen printed posters made. so i have been looking at all the criticism and talking with some people. i personally stand where i have been, in full support of the invisible children. im not saying that everyone should feel the way that i do, it is just a decision that i have come with. i will say that before you start to become involved with an organization it is good to really look into it. i think people that are just now becoming aware of the events in africa shouldn't just jump in and say 'we support IC', they should do research. i dont know if any of what i am saying makes any sense (i still havent had any coffee yet this morning) but i hope you get the idea.

after being so attached to Invisible Children for the past 8 years or so i will not lie over the past couple of days with all the backlash coming around i did have to take a step back and ask myself "what have i been supporting". most of you know that i (robbed.the.bank RECORDS) put together a benefit record, have had a couple of screen printed posters made. so i have been looking at all the criticism and talking with some people. i personally stand where i have been, in full support of the invisible children. im not saying that everyone should feel the way that i do, it is just a decision that i have come with. i will say that before you start to become involved with an organization it is good to really look into it. i think people that are just now becoming aware of the events in africa shouldn't just jump in and say 'we support IC', they should do research. i dont know if any of what i am saying makes any sense (i still havent had any coffee yet this morning) but i hope you get the idea.

What about now?

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':iknwkqcr]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':iknwkqcr]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{