Matt Skiba and the Sekrets - Babylon (May 8)

http://www.spinner.com/2012/03/09/matt-skiba-sekrets-all-fall-down/

"For fans of Alkaline Trio, Matt Skiba's new solo project should be a welcome addition to the musical library. The frontman formed Matt Skiba and the Sekrets with AFI bassist Hunter Burgan and My Chemical Romance drummer Jarrod Alexander, they'll release their album 'Babylon' on May 8. Spinner is proud to present the exclusive premiere of their track 'All Fall Down' "

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This record's good, but it's more or less Agony & Irony Part 2. Super-glossy pop-rock.

That's exactly what I thought, production-wise. I'm digging it so far. The only one I'm really interested in is How The Hell Did We Get Here, that was the only demo that had potential imo, and there was a video a while back of Alkaline trying it out live but it doesn't look like it ever turned into a full song until now.

I really like the two songs that I've heard so far. What label is releasing this?

They signed to Superball Music, but the SBM website only shows the release being available on CD and Digital.

Interpunk just posted a pre-order for the album on white vinyl out of 300.

No other pressing info that I've found so far.

**Edit** 17$ for a single LP before shipping? I think I will hold off and see who else is carrying this before ordering.