Angry USPS messages?

So I work at a college and have all my vinyl packages delivered there. This is primarily due to the fact USPS will leave packages outside my house for anyone in Brooklyn looking to make a quick buck to pick it up. So apparently someone at USPS is butthurt about how many packages I received recently and decided to leave me a word of advice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooklyn USPS is infamously awful. I had two checkbooks stolen by postal employees while I lived there. After inspectors got involved I learned my lesson and had everything sent to my office.

I'd report it - if they are willing to write a message they might be willing to start "losing" packages or some other means to get at you.

fuck usps.

back at my parents house, our mail carrier was a miserable old hag who for some reason decided that my dog hated her. my dog doesnt hate anyone. as a long end result, she pretty much refused to deliver anything that didnt fit directly into our mailbox. so even if our entire family was home, we would get a note saying "sorry we missed you! your package is at the post office!". and from here, i would have to then take that sip to pick up my records.

oh, my dog later caught on to her hatred.. and learned to hate her back, and was one day welcomed with a face full of pepper spray. i watched it happen.. it was the most nonchalant heartlessness ive ever seen.

I assume USPS is unionized like Canada Post? If so, it's damn near impossible to fire them.

pretty much. we reported said cunt to the post master on several occasions. if my dog was out (even tied up) she wouldnt deliver. to anyone on the street.

its also a very small street with 9 houses... and she drives it. what should take a normal person about 8 minutes to walk. and i bet she wonders why her thighs are bigger than i am.

I'd rather get my mail with a message on it than not get it, which is what happens quite a bit now. My mailman is too busy eating Egg McMuffins to leave me a message though.

My entire mailbox was left open by the Canada Post person (like, so everyone's mail could be seen/taken). My dad manages the entire city, and I told him and asked him about it, and he said that would need to be done five times in a month for Canada Post to have grounds to fire them.

I have been thinking about saying something. I've gotten all my packages, but some I've had to go on my break to the post office to get them to deliver to me or acknowledge that they didn't deliver. The post office I send records out of is pretty good. The one that has the package truck however....

I used get those pink "pick up your package" slips all the time because the postman was too lazy to walk to the door and leave the package there.

I ended up getting the phone number to the sort facility and talking to the supervisor and told him that the packages need to be brought to the door, and there's no reason they shouldn't be. Never had a problem after that

I've had a delivery guy get bummed, my only response is "do your fucking job and shut up".

Seriously, their job is to deliver mail, it blows my mind how some delivery people get pissy for having to deliver stuff. Dont like it, get a new job.

That's it. The more you get shipped to your house, the more money USPS makes. I don't see what their problem is here? Govt. workers can sometimes be entitled piles of garbage.

My mailman is covered in tattoos and used to be a huge HWM fan in the 1990s. When I moved in he struck up a conversation seeing I was getting stuff from No Idea. He is always asking me what I'm digging currently, ensures my packages stay dry on rainy days and is such a breath of fresh air after being tortured in Brooklyn. God Bless New Jersey.

My normal maillady is pretty nice, she's just like "Man, you buy a lot!" but for a while there was this younger guy switching out and he told us that we needed a box or he was gonna stop delivering packages to us. And he'd always leave me those PO slips and make me wait a day and go to the PO. He's not there, anymore, I don't think.

My mailman is covered in tattoos and used to be a huge HWM fan in the 1990s. When I moved in he struck up a conversation seeing I was getting stuff from No Idea. He is always asking me what I'm digging currently, ensures my packages stay dry on rainy days and is such a breath of fresh air after being tortured in Brooklyn. God Bless New Jersey.

in total contrast to the carrier i was just talking about, the dude who delivered our mail before her noticed how many records i was receiving, and wanted to sell me his collection.

and my current carrier mentioned the other day that 2 other guys on the route get quite a few LPs... i feel like i should get their info haha

Is there any way to prove that the mailman actually wrote that?(Not saying that he didnt write it I am just curious how you would prove it to the post office)

Got a pile of mailers with similar writing. Mainly saying closed when they tried to deliver on Saturday. I also doubt Kings Road merch was upset to send the order to my job.

I've had a delivery guy get bummed, my only response is "do your fucking job and shut up".

Seriously, their job is to deliver mail, it blows my mind how some delivery people get pissy for having to deliver stuff. Dont like it, get a new job.

I agree with how ridiculous it is when someone gets pissed about having to actually do the job that they were hired to do, but I highly doubt you said that to your delivery person. If you did, there's no way that benefited you, and I'm sure you've since received broken records or missing packages.

my usual mail carrier is fairly good and we can tell when she's on vacation. those are the weeks when we have days when the mail shows up after 5pm, crammed in the slot (including breaking a netflix disc) and packages left in the rain (luckily barsuk records was cool and replaced the lp that was ruined)