New Green Day Reissues?

I'm gonna order American Idiot i guess, seeing it is my favorite album ever.

But still.

I haven't heard anything about them.

Favorite album...ever?

Yeah, I don't listen to it much anymore.

It just helped me through some stuff a long time ago.

My two other favorites are The Beatles - Rubber Soul and Radiohead - Kid A

Just a warning. The 2009 reissues are terribly compressed. After spending $30 a piece new, I spent more money hunting down the originals which sound completely different.

If you want to get the 2009 reissues cheaply, check out discogs.

I have the Dookie repress, and while I don't have the best set up I think it sounds pretty great. I've heard the Insomniac reissue on my friend's nicer deck and it still sounded fine.

Why are people so up in arms about someone holding American Idiot in such high regard? It's a great album.

I like Insomniac and Nimrod more, but it's still really solid. Sorry if it's not punx enough for all y'all.

I loved it when it came out. Probably mostly because I started getting into them right before they announced it. I listened to it and I actually was starting to learn guitar around that time so I would learn and practice those songs as some of my first. Some people have personal connections to it. I listened to it for a year or two a LOT. Loved it. I then hated it for a couple years after. Now I just don't like the singles too much but I think everything else on the album is pretty solid. However, that being said... I hate 21st century breakdown.

i think when american idiot came out, that it was the first time in my life that i was actually angered by people liking shitty music.

the timeliness of weezers make believe certainly didnt help the situation.

Just a warning. The 2009 reissues are terribly compressed. After spending $30 a piece new, I spent more money hunting down the originals which sound completely different.

If you want to get the 2009 reissues cheaply, check out discogs.

I have the Dookie repress, and while I don't have the best set up I think it sounds pretty great. I've heard the Insomniac reissue on my friend's nicer deck and it still sounded fine.

]

They are compressed. For anyone with a bunch of 2009 represses, if you can get the purple vinyl edition of International Superhits, you'll hear a world of difference comparing the tracks.