Where can i press a small amount of vinyl ?

Log in to the bands old websites and email. Siphon all mailing lists and send out a mass message asking whose interested.If there is enough untreated, Do a one off reunion/record release show and move on. If there isn't much of a bite, get a couple lathe cut for yourself and friends, then move on.

Log in to the bands old websites and email. Siphon all mailing lists and send out a mass message asking whose interested.If there is enough untreated, Do a one off reunion/record release show and move on. If there isn't much of a bite, get a couple lathe cut for yourself and friends, then move on.

You're probably not going to pay all that much more if you were to press 100 compared with 50 ... that is, assuming you can even find someone who is willing to go that low.

In fact, because it's such a specialized thing, anyone who will press 50 is probably going to jack up the price per record anyway, so you might end up paying less for 100 LPs. Chew on that for a minute.

Honestly, your biggest cost is going to be mastering, plating, etc etc, and the price of manufacturing is going to be relatively small. Looking at Rainbo's cost for 12" black, for 100 it's .99 cents a piece ... so $99.

Let's imagine that Rainbo will press 50 copies. 99 cents per record for 50. That's $49.50. You're talking about a difference of $50, and that's assuming that you get the .99 rate ... which you probably won't. The cost for mastering and plating stays the same.

In conclusion, if you decide to go forward with the project, just bite the bullet and press 100. You'll be dealing with well-established, legitimate pressing plants and there's a chance that you might even pay less than what you'd pay for a quantity of 50.

There's one other option option out there, but it's borderline shady so I'm not even going to mention it. Whoever that band was that pressed 30, I'm betting that they went this route. Anyone want to guess?