Inaugural Dicksworth is for the Children FREE LPs

There's a shit ton of other fucked up cops too. Ramos & Cicinelli are charged for this. Albert Rincon was let go because he allegedly molested up to 8 women in the back of his cruiser while conveniently turning off his digital audio recorder. The city paid out $350,000 to 2 women so far. Another FPD employee was just arrested for stealing money from the evidence locker. Officer Kelly Meija stole an iPad from Miami Intl Airport. Officer Todd Majors was fired for stealing money from the police explorer's program & buying a bunch of pills. There are a million incidents of police brutality. 6 pending lawsuits. And I didn't even talk about how screwed up the city council is. The one controlled by the ex-Chief of Police. They funnel all the money to their buddies while bankrupting the city. These fucks don't care because they are taking 100k home tax free w/ their "medical" retirements. Chief Sellers actually got a settlement from the city because of the stress. And then he sailed off into the sunset on the taxpayer's back. I could go on for days :)

edit: And to put this in context, there are around 120 employees at FPD. 20-30 have been on leave for internal investigations. A massive shitstorm.

And not to stop the Kelly Thomas discussion, but the giveaway is done for now. No worries though. This was the inaugural first annual semi-regular quarterly Dicksworth is for the Children FREE record giveaway. I think at least 5 of the 9 will be stoked. If I get some more money in my PayPal or the people actually love the stuff they receive & want to send me a dollar or two to cover postage to do this again that would be cool. I have a ton of records I need to get rid of & I had fun looking through everyone's lists trying to find something that would make them happy. But no strings attached. This was basically a high-dea that I had some fun with.

edit: This contest was sponsored by Hot Topic clearance sales, Art of the Underground 20 for $40, philanthropist eBay buyers, & my previous desire to own every color of a stupid record. Kids, save your money & buy other records. Your parents are just going to throw them away if you die. Well, that is my concern. I have way too much shit for people to go through when I croak.

edit2.0: Also, not a single person asked for a book. I'm not sure if that is bad or good. I was leaning towards bad.

Books are good, but my taste in writers is even more precise than my taste in bands.

Cheers again for doing this.

I worked in a used/rare book store for 8 years, so I have a lot more books than records. I might have something of interest. I had a hard time picking out records for you because I couldn't find a tradelist, but free is free. Enjoy!

Books are good, but my taste in writers is even more precise than my taste in bands.

Cheers again for doing this.

I worked in a used/rare book store for 8 years, so I have a lot more books than records. I might have something of interest. I had a hard time picking out records for you because I couldn't find a tradelist, but free is free. Enjoy!

Ah. If you didn't already send, I can send you a list (an un-updated one, but a list). If not, I will give anything a listen, and free most certainly is free. haha

The story of Kelly Thomas is so sad.

It makes my heart ache to hear he was calling out for his father in his last moments before he died. :'(

Pretty much the reason I became so involved in the protests & everything that has been taking place. There is audio & video on the site I posted. And pictures of him in the hospital. It took my own father months to even pay attention to the matter when I was going to Fullerton every weekend. Then I showed him the video from the transportation center & he made me turn it off because he was crying.

All hail Dicksworth

Hear, hear! I got my package today, got a pretty decent LTJ 7" that I'm familiar with and stoked on, got me into a band called We Are the Union with an LP, they actually aren't too bad for generic ska/emo-punk. Good shit, ducksy has definitely earned some exalting points from me in the future. Wish I had any money at all to kick him at the moment but I am so broke right now hence why I responded so quickly to a free records thread. But all in all, some decent stuff to come home to on a Saturday night after a long day of work.

Indeed, all hail!

[image]

Also, wow. That's some fucked up shit there that happened in Fullerton. I was living in SF when all of it went down, had heard and read a little about it but had no clue the corruption was that extensive. Just... wow.

The story of Kelly Thomas is so sad.

It makes my heart ache to hear he was calling out for his father in his last moments before he died. :'(

Pretty much the reason I became so involved in the protests & everything that has been taking place. There is audio & video on the site I posted. And pictures of him in the hospital. It took my own father months to even pay attention to the matter when I was going to Fullerton every weekend. Then I showed him the video from the transportation center & he made me turn it off because he was crying.

I haven't even tried to watch the video, I know I won't be able to handle it.

Got the records today, very cool. I didn't know about the "Ryan Durkin for President" comp before, but I have the Hewhocorrupts song on their Discographer comp. It's funny that you ask if I like HWC because a few days ago I found and watched their last show on youtube. HWC was the first grindcore band I really got into, and a few times a year I remind myself why I love them so much. Thanx 4 the rekkidz bro!