Hey Travis (RE:Finch WIITB)

This.

Vastly superior.

I can't believe people actually think this.

They're both excellent in their own right, I want Sunshine more because it's equally great...and also completely unavailable on LP.

Furthermore... it's one of those albums that needs a little breathing room that the over-loud CD doesn't provide. It always sounds a bit flat... seeing them do it live however... different story.

If it is true that Travis doesn't mind these threads I personally would love to see a DFA1979 US repress.

Seriously. There's crazy demand out there, I bet you could press over 1000 and still sell out.

Are they releasing anything anytime soon? they got back together like a year ago right?

Na it was like 2 or 3 years ago. They reunited and did a tour, i saw them in chicago and Ft.Lauderdale. They even put out a 4 song ep then broke up again, and posted up 2 songs as an ep titled Epilogue. It was along the same likes of SHTS type stuff. If you need help trying to find the songs LMK.

I agree with a lot of you about SHTS being superior to WIITB musically, because well...it is. Im not saying its a BETTER RECORD per se, just WIITB was very early on, and SHTS really showed where they were going as musicians. This isn't by any means a discredit to WIITB, but SHTS was those guys stepping out of the box a lil bit.

For those unaware, the song "what it is to burn" was the bside of the bitemarks and bloodstains uk single. Its a live version but pretty good one in my opinion. They have a couple as discogs from the uk for not too bad of a price.

http://www.discogs.com/Finch-Bitemarks-And-Bloodstains/release/3153474

Am i the only person who likes the porduced/album version of the song WIITB better?

Yes.

I actually bought the UK version of the CD cuz it has both versions... but every time I put the album on my iphone... i end up going with the DTR tracklisting. Also it's fun to find the DTR version at used CD stores, the booklet is all faded and cheaply produced compared to the MCA version.

Anyone notice Travis hasn't replied to the thread? The title should be changed... "I love mall emo and I want Letters to You pressed".

*Mall Emo is not my moniker for Finch's genre- I saw it on a piracy website when looking for unavailable/unbuyable Finch. Seems fitting for that first album (not).

I can't even fathom that anyone would possibly feel the opposite.

Stalemate, homie! ;D

Chicago? Were you at the show at the Metro?

I've only ever seen Finch once at the Atticus '09 tour. I could have seen them in '05 at the peak of their awesomeness but I decided that I owed to my band to host practice since I gave them the ultimatum that if they didn't stop sucking, I would quit. That band continued to suck.

• 5 months later...