Question

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to reverse the voltage to your turntables motor so it spins the other way

This or you will blow a fuse.

Not entirely true, ive managed to twist my fuse in a way that reverses it's polarity without even touching the motor. But to do this I had to wash the backing plate with turpentine sk it didn't arc when I was welding it backwards.

What a bunch of assholes this place has turned into.

Everyone starts somewhere. I remember wondering what was up when I got a record that played inside out for the first time. Or how about that first record with a locked groove? That was frustrating - I swore the record was messed up. There were no message boards to ask or complain on.

Cut the guy some slack.

Everyone starts somewhere. I remember wondering what was up when I got a record that played inside out for the first time. Or how about that first record with a locked groove? That was frustrating - I swore the record was messed up. There were no message boards to ask or complain on.

Cut the guy some slack.

No, I refuse to buy into the fact that someone can't do this:

http://bit.ly/IQx8kk

And instead they flaunt their ignorance on a message board. Reversed groove records are nothing new.

Do what billions of others have done before and use a search engine to find your answer before making a thread. Or go old school and learn from your mistakes.

Cut the guy some slack.

And instead they flaunt their ignorance on a message board. Reversed groove records are nothing new.

Do what billions of others have done before and use a search engine to find your answer before making a thread. Or go old school and learn from your mistakes.

GFT

Cut the guy some slack.

QFT

Cut the guy some slack.

I'm just saying that Google didn't exist when I got my first record like that. I thought this place was a resource for people with questions about records. I guess it's not.

This is what has been bothering for some time now about what's been going on around here.

Outside of the trolls and their purposely asinine questions and comments...there are some people who are truly new to buying/listening/collecting records. So they sure enough google the damn thing and VC will come up. These newbies will come here to ask a legitimate question to expand their knowledge on records...and are met with ridicule and general jack-assery from most. It may be in "good fun" but still doesn't make it right. How hard is it to answer the kid's question and move on?

I'm sure some will start crying that the newbie should have done the "research" before coming here to ask...ever think about that VC and the boards may be a form of research to answer the questions.

I'm with Hickey on this. Cut the kid and newbies some slack. As much as it may not seem to some, VC sometimes is a resource for people with questions about records and not just botched Blink pre-orders, complaints about Hydra Head's prices, SRC-bashing, RSD leftovers, and all the discussions as of late.