Liquid Filled Vinyl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own one. It will play obviously. This guy is just dumb. Mine leaks and that is a legitimate problem with the record but I am not going to sell it (let alone for 13x the amount I paid for it). It still is cool and I am fixing the leak.

Holy fuck I just had a crazy idea that will make someone rich. If you own a copy of this record and it leaks empty out all of the liquid and fill it back up with red/white/black liquid and reseal it. Put on eBay as super rare. Laugh all the way to the bank.

genius.

• 3 weeks later...

Youse are completely ignoring the physics of having a liquid filled record. If your table doesn't have a strong motor it's going to spin in a very fucked up manner, as evidenced by his piece of shit table with the motor of a Burger King toy. He's just selling it for the price on of you idiots are going to buy it for.

Youse are completely ignoring the physics of having a liquid filled record. If your table doesn't have a strong motor it's going to spin in a very fucked up manner, as evidenced by his piece of shit table with the motor of a Burger King toy. He's just selling it for the price on of you idiots are going to buy it for.

......what?......

Guest deathbydrums

Yeah, why stoP with ordinary liquids or blood?

Some salsa act should fill a record with salsa.

The California Raisins should fill a record with raisins or grapes first and see what happens

The band Cows should fill a record with milk.

The band Green Jelly? Green jelly of course, but the have grape jelly and strawberry jelly variants.

Lady Marmalade - yup, that

Red Hot Chili Peppers - red hot chili pepper sauce

GG Allin - piss, shit (diarrhea, of course) and vomit variants.

Yes, I'm procrastinating right now. :I

......what?......

If the motor is weak and not steady, instead of the liquid moving towards the edges and remaining there due to rotational force, its going to slop around inside the record and fuck everything up

......what?......

If the motor is weak and not steady, instead of the liquid moving towards the edges and remaining there due to rotational force, its going to slop around inside the record and fuck everything up

1. do you have a liquid record?

2. if the motor is weak and not steady every record will sound like shit.

3. the liquid isn't heavy enough to make the record unbalanced.

4. what the hell are you talking about?

1. do you have a liquid record?

2. if the motor is weak and not steady every record will sound like shit.

3. the liquid isn't heavy enough to make the record unbalanced.

4. what the hell are you talking about?

It's actually exactly what the lister described in his Q&A.

It's simple physics, and matches his story. Maybe he's conveniently lying, I don't know.

Have you ever played a Crosley? The motor is very weak, and has minute shifts in speed. Coincidentally, they sound like shit, out of tune even as the pitch flutters due to the shitty motor.

I was under the impression that it was a thicker liquid than water, and also a 33. I may be wrong, but I don't think you need to immediately write off the lister as bullshitting. The problem is not whether or not he is bullshitting on his story but why he is trying to play it on a Crosley.