Brand New- Your Favorite Weapon

gravitylovesdrunks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YFW stands alone as the bastard child in Brand New's repertoire...hell, the band has tried their damndest to distance themselves from it and Jesse Lacey has even said that he hates it as he is not longer able to relate to the songs anymore. Understandably so as lives changes and so do emotions...

I still like it alot...can still relate to a lot of the songs...but I agree...Deja Entendu and TDAGARIM are much more representative of what the band is all about...

Why do people want this so bad? Your Favorite Weapon is a horrible album and I could never get into it.

i don't totally agree with this -- but there are really only four to six actually good songs on there. there's a few that make me cringe when i hear them. it's a pretty 50/50 record.

I'll agree that Magazines is a terrible, terrible, terrible song, Secondary is kinda bad, and I could go without Sudden Death in Carolina, but I think the rest of the CD is good or better.

i could never get into magazines, but that's because i turned it off early all the time due to the bad beginning. i recently listened to it all the way through and it's a truly awesome song.

I think all three of their albums are totally different and totally great. YFW is sweet pop punk and I love it for it. I still say DE is my favorite but I think the lyrics grew up a bit on The Devil... so I'm a fan of it. I could have done without two random noise/instrumentals though.

Guest falloutcollapse

I got YFW when I first started listening to pop-punk

I got Deja after I outgrew pop-punk and started listening to more "serious" music

And Devil and God recently came out, while I'm at the height of my "depressed, thought provoking" music stage

I have attachments to all of them