Brand New- Your Favorite Weapon

gravitylovesdrunks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so question: if the label or whatever it is responsible for pressing this record folds, who gets the rights to repress this record? and why isn't someone actively pursuing a repress? i bet if we all pitched 50 bucks, this shit could easily be repressed, and i'd be down.

Guest falloutcollapse
why do you guys want represses of every record? i hope this never gets repressed

We want represses so we can get ahold of them and listen to them, why the fuck else would anyone want a repress of anything?

so question: if the label or whatever it is responsible for pressing this record folds, who gets the rights to repress this record? and why isn't someone actively pursuing a repress? i bet if we all pitched 50 bucks, this shit could easily be repressed, and i'd be down.

triple crown would still own the rights. they only licensed them to iodine.. most likely they had a "no assignment" clause in the contract.

i can see both sides of the coin on this argument. i own the record already so im rather indifferent if it gets repressed but theres obviously a demand for it and would sell. the prices on this would drop slightly but those "die hard collectors" would still pay big bucks for an original copy. thats just how all of this always plays out.

dude be grateful your list isnt searchable like mine. i get at least 3 emails a week about if ill sell this.

I hear that. Mine is also on DF and searchable but funny enough I have never gotten hit up to sell or trade them...the most recent queries about it have been questions about how I got them and how much. Mostly right after the one that sold for $350 on eBay.

dude be grateful your list isnt searchable like mine. i get at least 3 emails a week about if ill sell this.

Yeah.

I get the same thing for Clarity, Shape Of Punk To Come, and formerly 4MM and STWHA. I had to put a disclaimer on both of those records so people would stop asking.

Why do people want this so bad? Your Favorite Weapon is a horrible album and I could never get into it. It reminds me of every other pop alternative rock album thats been released in the past 10 years.

Brand New became a band when they released Deja.

Backed. I couldn't get into Your Favorite Weapon either.

Why do people want this so bad? Your Favorite Weapon is a horrible album and I could never get into it. It reminds me of every other pop alternative rock album thats been released in the past 10 years.

Brand New became a band when they released Deja.

i'm behind you 1,000%

i remember picking up Illusion Of Safety, Full Collapse, and Your Favorite Weapon all around the same period.

I recall getting to the middle of YFW and thinking to myself, "um, did they just forget to write the rest of the record?" because it just peters off into oblivion pretty much right when 'Jude Law and A Semester Abroad' ends.

I still count 'Jude Law' among my favorite songs of the last decade but the rest of the album is so mediocre and utterly forgettable.

In comparison to those other two records, YFW just simply PALES in comparison.