Marriages - Kitsune

For fans of Red Sparowes, Isis, Russian Circles, Mogwai, etc. This band is awesome. Check out their debut album Kitsune here:

http://marriagesmusic.bandcamp.com/

This album is out today! Check your local record store or order here:

http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=164

I pre-ordered this from Sargent House/hellomerch and have yet to receive shipping notification. Pretty pissed about that because I thought they'd at least try to send this out in time to reach me by the release date but alas, they have not. Either way, I figured I'd rep this band. I hope you enjoy it and buy it.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Looks like Marriages got their apartment burglarized in April and now they are doing an Indie Go Go to help them replace their stuff. This definitely sucks, but why should fans pay for their troubles in life? Maybe it's just me, but this shit has gotten out of hand. We all have rough spots and financial setbacks, but bands asking fans to pay for things like a nice tour bus so they can tour with their kids or to help them because their place got broken into just seems like entitled bs. I'm an artist with a decent fanbase, so maybe I need to start an online begging campaign to pay of all of my debt. Maybe I'm just heartless in my contempt for this stuff, but if you needed a heart transplant, then I'd contribute.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marriages-maliciously-burglarized-and-displaced

I'm glad this is going well for them, but I couldn't imagine donating to something like this.  I'm much more responsive to "hey, our shit got stolen.  we'd really appreciate if you'd buy a shirt".  The other thing I'm wondering is, did they not have renter's insurance?  If you're keeping that much equipment in your apartment, it's probably worth the $10/mo.  Those are just my thoughts though.

I did chip in for Emma, and for Appleseed Cast (stuff stolen on tour) and for Whirr (stuff stolen stateside while in Europe), this year, but i think that's it for 2013 for disaster relief for bands.

The intellectual side of me agrees 100% with lexicondevil.

However, there goes my heart bleeding again...(and I'm not a fiscal liberal, ie other people's money stolen to do charity work who don't agree) this is purely uncoerced giving.   I guess when our home was flooded in 2006, the outpouring to our family made a humbling impact on me, as we had always  been on the giving side of disasters for decades, the east coast is prone to hurricanes, nor'easters and some tornadoes, but there had been no flooding record since the 1800s. We got 18 inches of rain in 2 hrs..  

A side note: some the little things we salvaged like my fishing tackle, and had on the curb--- we had looters come into our ravaged neighborhood, out in the country, and steal those things when we would make a trek back into the house. 

Yeah, those News Helicopters all over the place *really* helped us out so anyone watching on TV could make a nice little run out to our neighborhood and shop at 'stuff-Mart' for free, since law enforcement were spread thin.

rant over. bleeding heart rationalized...

I'm glad this is going well for them, but I couldn't imagine donating to something like this.  I'm much more responsive to "hey, our shit got stolen.  we'd really appreciate if you'd buy a shirt".  The other thing I'm wondering is, did they not have renter's insurance?  If you're keeping that much equipment in your apartment, it's probably worth the $10/mo.  Those are just my thoughts though.

Agreed 100% on renter's insurance, and, even safe deposit boxes in Cali for really important stuff like those hard drives, coin collections,etc.

• 1 month later...

Marriages Kitsune Vinyl is now restocked -- and a new flavor -- Translucent Orange  :)

http://hellomerch.com/collections/marriages/products/kitsune

I will definitely be getting this at some point as they are well-stocked I'm sure. Trying to wait b/c as soon as I order, something else will pop up that I need and my shipping $$ budget for this year I don't even want to know.  Just did their 5 for $55 LPs and they got the order right and sent some really nice jackets, 5 for 5 no dings.

Another way to support an awesome band and good folks.

Emma will have a solo work out by the end of the year, and maybe Marriages will have a new album, too?.. not to mention all the other Sargent House craziness.

transparent orange is fitting.  great album.  people should jump on this.

Love Emma's mojo  :wub:   great song crafting!  Greg Burns is so talented as well. Marriages' drummer was originally Dave Clifford (with Red Sparowes with Emma and Greg, and also in The Nocturnes), but is now Andrew though only toured once. 

Dave Turncrantz with Russian Circles and Chris Common from TAAS have been their touring drummers.

More people should check out The Nocturnes Aokigahara -- my goodness a perfect folkgaze/dreamgaze album. Her guitar work and vocals are mesmerizing.

Love Emma's mojo  :wub:   great song crafting!  Greg Burns is so talented as well. Marriages' drummer was originally Dave Clifford (with Red Sparowes with Emma and Greg, and also in The Nocturnes), but is now Andrew though only toured once. 

Dave Turncrantz with Russian Circles and Chris Common from TAAS have been their touring drummers.

More people should check out The Nocturnes Aokigahara -- my goodness a perfect folkgaze/dreamgaze album. Her guitar work and vocals are mesmerizing.

yep, I have a total crush on Emma.  Everything she does is gold.  Nocturnes are great.  I really love Year of Spring, and I want so bad for them to press it to wax.

yep, I have a total crush on Emma.  Everything she does is gold.  Nocturnes are great.  I really love Year of Spring, and I want so bad for them to press it to wax.

Year of Spring is awesome! (I bought the CD) And If Emma can get on a trajectory like Chelsea, maybe one day we'll have it on vinyl  :)

Year of Spring is awesome! (I bought the CD) And If Emma can get on a trajectory like Chelsea, maybe one day we'll have it on vinyl  :)

well, Emma has another solo album coming out in the near future, so maybe that will kick things up a bit.  Her last solo album was great, but maybe not that accessible for most people.

well, Emma has another solo album coming out in the near future, so maybe that will kick things up a bit.  Her last solo album was great, but maybe not that accessible for most people.

^this. 30 min of ERR-1 guitar drone,....yeah, 'not that accessible' is a spot on assessment.