First Date Since Marriage

First a bit of preamble... I got married young, right out of college. Wasn't even 21 yet! I met a sweet girl in my second year of college and proposed to her six months later when she moved to Arizona - I didn't want to lose her... big mistake, should have let her gone. But I didn't. We stayed engaged for I think almost 2 years, moved in together right after school, and married the fall after I graduated. What happened next I was not prepared for... her parents divorced a week after our wedding, her family fell apart, and she kinda went batsh*t crazy. 3 years later we called it quits, and I was left with some serious financial, physical, and emotional scars. She hurt me in just about every way possible, short of assault requiring a trip to the hospital. (Though I did get stabbed with a fork once.) With about 20k in debt on top of a defaulted student loan of 18k, I moved out of the city, back to the country with my parents. Stayed there a few years rent free and fixed the finances, thank god I have a good job. Unfortunately I pretty much shut out all of my friends. So when I moved back to the city... I was all alone save for 2-3 friends, 2 of which are brothers.

Fast forward to about a year ago, now fairly happy on my own and ready to meet someone new, I joined a few dating websites and started looking. I started messaging girls and got no replies, which was very discouraging, so I gave up after a couple months of no bites. I just started again last month, and yesterday I had my first bite! I've met a girl named Kate who wants to meet me!

Anyways I don't know why I felt the need to share that here with strangers on the Internet, but I am extremely excited and nervous and really wanted to share. Even if nothing comes of this date, I believe I've moved into a new chapter in my life. Thanks for reading.

First a bit of preamble... I got married young, right out of college. Wasn't even 21 yet! I met a sweet girl in my second year of college and proposed to her six months later when she moved to Arizona - I didn't want to lose her... big mistake, should have let her gone. But I didn't. We stayed engaged for I think almost 2 years, moved in together right after school, and married the fall after I graduated. What happened next I was not prepared for... her parents divorced a week after our wedding, her family fell apart, and she kinda went batsh*t crazy. 3 years later we called it quits, and I was left with some serious financial, physical, and emotional scars. She hurt me in just about every way possible, short of assault requiring a trip to the hospital. (Though I did get stabbed with a fork once.) With about 20k in debt on top of a defaulted student loan of 18k, I moved out of the city, back to the country with my parents. Stayed there a few years rent free and fixed the finances, thank god I have a good job. Unfortunately I pretty much shut out all of my friends. So when I moved back to the city... I was all alone save for 2-3 friends, 2 of which are brothers.

Fast forward to about a year ago, now fairly happy on my own and ready to meet someone new, I joined a few dating websites and started looking. I started messaging girls and got no replies, which was very discouraging, so I gave up after a couple months of no bites. I just started again last month, and yesterday I had my first bite! I've met a girl named Kate who wants to meet me!

Anyways I don't know why I felt the need to share that here with strangers on the Internet, but I am extremely excited and nervous and really wanted to share. Even if nothing comes of this date, I believe I've moved into a new chapter in my life. Thanks for reading.

Hey dude. I live in Woodstock. Where do you usually hang out? Wondering if we know some of the same people?

And for the record, I'm happily married, heterosexual and am in no way hitting on you. Haha

Glad to hear that you are getting back out there. I know it is going to be rough. I'm currently going though the same shit with the wife leaving me and shit. Although I think I'm trying to rush getting back in the dating pool cause I think I'm just getting too old now HAH!

Anyways, good luck I'm sure you will be ok and great.

Thanks folks.

Hey dude. I live in Woodstock. Where do you usually hang out? Wondering if we know some of the same people?

And for the record, I'm happily married, heterosexual and am in no way hitting on you. Haha

I'm sure we know some of the same people, one at least, I was good pals with Zeke in college. I used to hang out at the Embassy all the time... I don't know where the cool kids hang out anymore tbh.

Thanks folks.

I'm sure we know some of the same people, one at least, I was good pals with Zeke in college. I used to hang out at the Embassy all the time... I don't know where the cool kids hang out anymore tbh.

When we do go out, we hit The Early Bird and Nite Owl on Talbot St. Check out Early Bird if you're into good eats.

Dude, getting back out there can be real tough. It leaves you feeling kinda vulnerable. But after everything you've gone through, you deserve to hangout with a cool chick who isn't crazy! Just take it slow, don't get all wrapped up in the first girl just because she's the first one. Make sure you get to know someone before trying to settle down and get serious again. Good luck dude!