Anthony Raneri- New Cathedrals LP

Update for these 12"s. We got in all the variants except the coffee. However, we haven't gotten the What's Eating Gilbert 7"s yet. So if you ordered a non-coffee variant without a Gilbert 7", your order is shipping tomorrow or Friday.

We actually did get a few of the coffee ones...contacted the plant to figure out where the fuck the rest are...and they're RAD. They smell really, really strongly of coffee, to the point that the paper sleeve had like coffee stains on it (which I thought was really freaky) ... and you can sort of feel the coffee grounds if you touch the vinyl, but it doesn't get on your fingers. It's weird because when we did the Hellmouth bible ashes, the ash got all over your hands. With this one, it's like the coffee is literally entrapped in the clear vinyl, and you can still feel it but it's not falling off or anything. It's a given that the sound quality will be affected. Turned out even cooler than I imagined.

Update for these 12"s. We got in all the variants except the coffee. However, we haven't gotten the What's Eating Gilbert 7"s yet. So if you ordered a non-coffee variant without a Gilbert 7", your order is shipping tomorrow or Friday.

We actually did get a few of the coffee ones...contacted the plant to figure out where the fuck the rest are...and they're RAD. They smell really, really strongly of coffee, to the point that the paper sleeve had like coffee stains on it (which I thought was really freaky) ... and you can sort of feel the coffee grounds if you touch the vinyl, but it doesn't get on your fingers. It's weird because when we did the Hellmouth bible ashes, the ash got all over your hands. With this one, it's like the coffee is literally entrapped in the clear vinyl, and you can still feel it but it's not falling off or anything. It's a given that the sound quality will be affected. Turned out even cooler than I imagined.

pics or it didnt happend.

got any pictures of those?

pics or it didnt happend.

I was in a shitty mood today and I didn't take any photos. I'll post pics of all four variants here tomorrow. People will be pleased with the clear/red stripe as well, and the clear yellow. Which the plant decided to label as "light beer" haha

They've already started shipping. Our interns aren't full-time, but you should be getting shipping confirmation soon. We might be short a couple dozen of the coffee variant, though...so it might take a little longer for some of the orders. If we can't replace orders with new coffee variants, we're going to do something else that no one has really ever done before.

They've already started shipping. Our interns aren't full-time, but you should be getting shipping confirmation soon. We might be short a couple dozen of the coffee variant, though...so it might take a little longer for some of the orders. If we can't replace orders with new coffee variants, we're going to do something else that no one has really ever done before.

So are you saying that some people who ordered the coffee might not get a coffee variant, but you'll make it up to them in another way?

So are you saying that some people who ordered the coffee might not get a coffee variant, but you'll make it up to them in another way?

yes. we're figuring it out and we'll make an announcement soon. i'll post it here when we do. i'm hoping that the plant will just make more coffee ones so it isn't complicated.

liquid filled. or ship it off in a balloon? wait... :)

Got this in today. No kind of protection whatsoever, not even a plastic sleeve (record is not sealed) and surprise surprise came in warped. Got the clear with Red Stripe so I doubt there are any extras to replace it. Will have to e-mail P&P.

if you dont want that warped stripe i'll buy it off you. it was the only one i missed that i know of right now.

My stripe is slightly warped as well. It seems like a good portion of any new release involving a stripe or split color ends up arriving warped. I'm guessing this is a plant issue. Mine was packed pretty poorly but there's no seam splits or anything so I don't think it got handled too roughly. I bet a lot of them end up being warped.