Riot Fest Chicago 2012

Okay, the following bands have posted about which shows they're playing on FB/Twitter (or they have conflicting shows on two out of the three Riot Fest days):

9/14

No one confirmed yet, but rumors are saying it'll be Descendents, Slapstick and Less Than Jake

9/15

Rise Against

9/16

A Day To Remember

Gogol Bordello

Built To Spill

Reverend Horton Heat

Sister Crayon

If thats true, im really glad I got the 3 day pass and have my Congress Friday ticket already secured.

Ouch Descendents are one of the bands I'd really like to see, but I was starting to think I'd only go for Saturday / Sunday.

Slapstick and the risk of missing out on them is the ONLY reason I was willing to drop $100 for a 3 day pass and not just buy single days instead. Pretty cool their set may be happening at the Congress instead of outdoors.

I will be coming from florida, this is my first time going to chicago or doing any sort of crazy traveling for a music festival, any tips on cheap places to stay where i can use as much public transportation as possible would be awesome,ill also be celebrating my 30th bday out there

I will be coming from florida, this is my first time going to chicago or doing any sort of crazy traveling for a music festival, any tips on cheap places to stay where i can use as much public transportation as possible would be awesome,ill also be celebrating my 30th bday out there

Chicago public transit rules. You can get pretty much anywhere via the CTA (although there are no El stops super-close to Humboldt Park that I can recall—the busses definitely run by it all the time, though).

The cheapest hotels you'll find will be out by O'Hare. From there, you can take the Blue Line downtown and transfer to pretty much any other train/bus line to get where you need to go.

I wish this was going to be the same weekend as Refused at The Congress in July. I really thought it would be since Refused are playing the Philly date. I've seen mostly every band whether I've wanted to or not on the lineup except J&MC, still tempted for the price but hotel and the gas would tack on a lot. undecided.

Okay, the following bands have posted about which shows they're playing on FB/Twitter (or they have conflicting shows on two out of the three Riot Fest days):

9/14

No one confirmed yet, but rumors are saying it'll be Descendents, Slapstick and Less Than Jake

9/15

Rise Against

9/16

A Day To Remember

Gogol Bordello

Built To Spill

Reverend Horton Heat

Sister Crayon

If thats true, im really glad I got the 3 day pass and have my Congress Friday ticket already secured.

Here is some new info that may help shape the days

Rise Against

Sunday, September 16

Gaslight Anthem, Hot Water Music

In Milwaukee

It might be safe to add Gaslight and HWM to Saturday.

Here is some new info that may help shape the days

Rise Against

Sunday, September 16

Gaslight Anthem, Hot Water Music

In Milwaukee

It might be safe to add Gaslight and HWM to Saturday.

Was Hot Water Music announced?

Chicago public transit rules. You can get pretty much anywhere via the CTA (although there are no El stops super-close to Humboldt Park that I can recall—the busses definitely run by it all the time, though).

The cheapest hotels you'll find will be out by O'Hare. From there, you can take the Blue Line downtown and transfer to pretty much any other train/bus line to get where you need to go.

The California, Western, and Damen stops on the Blue line are all reasonably close, Cal & Damen have a bus you can catch that will take you right to the park.

Note that staying out by O'Hare might be good for a semi-suburban event like this, but if you're going to spend much time downtown, taking the blue line back and forth eats up a ton of time.

Also, for anybody that's been to this before, do the 2 and 3 day passes sell out, or will they be available until the show?

The California, Western, and Damen stops on the Blue line are all reasonably close, Cal & Damen have a bus you can catch that will take you right to the park.

Note that staying out by O'Hare might be good for a semi-suburban event like this, but if you're going to spend much time downtown, taking the blue line back and forth eats up a ton of time.

Also, for anybody that's been to this before, do the 2 and 3 day passes sell out, or will they be available until the show?

Ive gotta figure 3 day passes will sellout when the capacity of The Congress has been filled by those 3 day pass orders. Theres no way they can possibly shut anyone out of the opening night Friday concert who spent 100 bucks to have the opportunity to attend that evening.

Now whether or not they end up selling that capacity remains to be seen I guess. I was certainly not willing to risk that chance though.

Ive gotta figure 3 day passes will sellout when the capacity of The Congress has been filled by those 3 day pass orders.

That makes sense. I may be up there that weekend, and am trying to get an idea of how quick they'll go.

Ive gotta figure 3 day passes will sellout when the capacity of The Congress has been filled by those 3 day pass orders.

That makes sense. I may be up there that weekend, and am trying to get an idea of how quick they'll go.

The Congress Theater holds somewhere between 3500-4000 people (depending on what website youre reading) so thats most likely how many 3 Day Passes are available to be sold. However, Id guess eventually they will split things up to single day passes, in which case id expect those remaining Friday tix to move extremely fast from people who originally just bought the 2 day pass.

The Congress Theater holds somewhere between 3500-4000 people (depending on what website youre reading) so thats most likely how many 3 Day Passes are available to be sold. However, Id guess eventually they will split things up to single day passes, in which case id expect those remaining Friday tix to move extremely fast from people who originally just bought the 2 day pass.

From Club Tix, that does a lot of shows there.

Congress Theater

2135 N Milwaukee

Chicago, Illinois 60647

Online Sales End: 7:45 PM

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hours: 8:00 PM - 3:00 AM

Info Line: 773--598-0852

Capacity: 4500

I've heard that Congress oversells shows. I think the last time Wu Tang came to Congress, they had to refuse people at the door who had bought tickets because they were so packed. That could be related to the inconsistency of these capacity numbers though.

no, the wutang show wasn't oversold, they gave out a 1000+ comp tickets, then the show sold out and they denied everyone with a comp ticket entrance to the show.

I've heard that Congress oversells shows. I think the last time Wu Tang came to Congress, they had to refuse people at the door who had bought tickets because they were so packed. That could be related to the inconsistency of these capacity numbers though.

no, the wutang show wasn't oversold, they gave out a 1000+ comp tickets, then the show sold out and they denied everyone with a comp ticket entrance to the show.

Yeah that's right, I knew it was something like that.

• 2 weeks later...