Manchester Orch.- Like A Virgin AVAILABLE

no, if im paying for shipping, i expect to pay only for shipping. you cant just hike up the price to cover overhead, otherwise youre just ticketmaster.

they should recognize, with the industry theyre in, that people should expect a shipping option under $10.

when i ship you something i will make sure to just take the record down to the post office and mail it that way. i won't package it in a mailer or anything like that, and i'll have them just stick the postage meter on the front of the jacket since shipping prices should only cover actual shipping costs. no extra carboard or bubble wrap either. and if expect tracking don't hold your breath because that costs more money than only the shipping price.

im more than willing to debate this topic with you, but dont be a moron.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

companies are going to cover overhead one way or another. either by jacking up the price of the product itself or adding a few bucks onto shipping. would you rather them charge $21 for single LP and $4 shipping? because in the end it's the same price.

Yes, because the services are accurately represented. Like the Ticketmaster comparison above. If a product is advertised as $10 I am not about to pay an additional 100% of that price to receive it.

When you go to the grocery store you pay a specified amount for your groceries. Not a lower amount and then an additional farmer, picker, driver, stocker, checker, & bagger tax on top of it. All of that is accounted for in the original price.

yeah anyone who is going to suggest that it costs $18 (or even half that) to adequately package and mail two LPs (vis USPS, even) is being ridiculous. or how about $23 for 3 LPs?

i wonder...those of you that sell records for a living, does the government count money received for shipping as gross income (like, after you account for actual shipping costs, the overage gets taxed?) or is it like ebay and the "fees" are only applied to the sale price. because if the latter is the case, then this is just a way to increase profit margin.

ill make sure and take a picture of my postage and packaging, and let you guys decide whether its worth $18

you just dont get it, do you?

i dont need priority shipping. id prefer to use media mail, and save those few bucks so i can have a mcdouble and fries on my work break.

most online stores provide the buyer this option. this one doesnt, its annoying, and clearly, most of us agree.

fuck your ass-backwards look-how-objectively-i-learned-to-see-things-in-community-college approach.

The thing(s) i hate about cinderblock is (are) that 1) They aren't paying to license the record and produce it.. they are getting PAID by FG to store stock and ship it out. so they shouldn't be jacking people for shipping 2) $10 for a record. i can ship a record for $2.81. maybe $1 for a mailer and and another 50cents for some bubble wrap (which they don't use). 3) packaging. it SUCKS.

it's $10 for priority mail dipshits. and nobody is forcing you to buy anything...

I understand it's priority mail. That has been clearly stated. Nobody is arguing with you about the fact that it's priority mail. And I'm not buying it. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

That being said, even priority mail doesn't cost $10 for a single record. Or $17 for two records. The math just doesn't add up. Plain and simple.

it's $10 for priority mail dipshits. and nobody is forcing you to buy anything...

I understand it's priority mail. That has been clearly stated. Nobody is arguing with you about the fact that it's priority mail. And I'm not buying it. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

That being said, even priority mail doesn't cost $10 for a single record. Or $17 for two records. The math just doesn't add up. Plain and simple.

you should check the USPS website. it does cost $10 west coast to east coast...

you should check the USPS website. it does cost $10 west coast to east coast...

Touche. I stand corrected. USPS actually DOES charge $10 to ship west coast to east coast. My apologies.

It still feels like a rip off.

I'm guessing they mostly ship t-shirts and various pieces of merch that can't (technically) go media mail - hence why they only offer priority. Logic dictates to just implement media mail into their shipping options but if the cart system they use doesn't offer a modifier to only show it for orders that just contain actual media-related items then that would be a problem (ya can't ship a box of shirts via media mail). It would probably be more productive to send a nice e-mail to them than complain here.