Favorite use of music in film?

First thing that comes to mind is The Devil's Rejects. That entire soundtrack was perfect, specifically the opening credits with Midnight Rider and the end with Freebird. Also thought the soundtracks to Natural Born Killers and Juno (yeah, I said it. Don't hate) along with the score to The Social Network were pretty spot on. The soundtrack to Dead And Breakfast, and the scenes in which those songs were sung, was funny as hell.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I'd have to say my favorite is when 'East Hastings' by Godspeed You! Black Emperor is played at the beginning of 28 Days Later when Jim comes out of the hospital and realizes he is one of the only people left in London. It fits the post-apocalyptic setting so perfectly. but then again, GY!BE is my favorite band, so i'm kind of biased in that regard.

What's yours?

Hahaha, as soon as I read your subject, I came in here with the intention of posting that.... favourite movie/music moment.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':h4vjo61x]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':h4vjo61x]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

That counts, it's just the use of silent music...John Cage would be stoked. ;)

Edit: Shame on us for not mentioning the motherfucking BLUES BROTHERS! >:(

I'm trying to stay away from mentioning an entire soundtrack for a movie in this thread. It's an easy pitfall when thinking of great uses of music in films.

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes involving use of music and how it compliments the scene and movies is in Almost Famous. The "Tiny Dancer" scene in the bus as they all start singing to the Elton John song...man...such a great and memorable scene for me.

I'm trying to stay away from mentioning an entire soundtrack for a movie in this thread. It's an easy pitfall when thinking of great uses of music in films.

Not entirely. Some movies are made better by the entire soundtrack/score. For example, The Blues Brothers uses music throughout the whole movie and it is all excellent.

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes involving use of music and how it compliments the scene and movies is in Almost Famous. The "Tiny Dancer" scene in the bus as they all start singing to the Elton John song...man...such a great and memorable scene for me.

How the hell did I forget this last night?!? Great fucking scene!