Selling- Brand New Deja Entendu 2xLP

i still refuse to believe that first or second press makes ANY difference in peoples decision to buy

i still refuse to believe that first or second press makes ANY difference in peoples decision to buy

I buy first presses when possible, unless I know that a new stamper was created for the repress.

The logic is that the older the pressing, the better the record sounds. I have a bit of evidence.

One of my favorite albums is Screeching Weasel's Anthem for a New Tomorrow. I currently have 3 copies (2 for sale, for a $0.01 on eBay, NM+ condition, sorry). Having first purchased the record in 1998, I was never pleased with it's sound (compared to the CD). The recorded sounded lifeless. The pressing I had came in a cardboard-like printed jacket.

Years later I stumble across a copy of the record with a glossy finished jacket. The sound was phenomenally superior. Each pressing had the same stamper. I've since owned 3 copies of the later pressing and 2 copies of the original (one for sale on my discogs link below). The original pressing sounds superior.

I have the black pressing of NOFX's Frisbee. It sounds fantastic. When the colored version was pressed, I purchased a brown copy. But it sounded flat and lifeless. I believe the matrixes were the same.

For these reasons, I find it a better investment in quality to purchase original pressings.

I buy first presses when possible, unless I know that a new stamper was created for the repress.

The logic is that the older the pressing, the better the record sounds. I have a bit of evidence.

One of my favorite albums is Screeching Weasel's Anthem for a New Tomorrow. I currently have 3 copies (2 for sale, for a $0.01 on eBay, NM+ condition, sorry). Having first purchased the record in 1998, I was never pleased with it's sound (compared to the CD). The recorded sounded lifeless. The pressing I had came in a cardboard-like printed jacket.

Years later I stumble across a copy of the record with a glossy finished jacket. The sound was phenomenally superior. Each pressing had the same stamper. I've since owned 3 copies of the later pressing and 2 copies of the original (one for sale on my discogs link below). The original pressing sounds superior.

I have the black pressing of NOFX's Frisbee. It sounds fantastic. When the colored version was pressed, I purchased a brown copy. But it sounded flat and lifeless. I believe the matrixes were the same.

For these reasons, I find it a better investment in quality to purchase original pressings.

im talking about deja.

I feel like it's almost a given that this will be repressed in the vein of YFW's 10-Year Anniversary edition. New artwork would be tragic, but I'm still tempted to offload mine before next year.

same here... i didn't sell my OP /100 YFW and i probably won't sell this one, but the amount of money people are willing to spend coupled with an imminent house purchase and wedding make it really hard.

• 1 month later...